S3 Shipping

geefunk1978

Reaction score
Website
www.gtdesignsolutions.com
Well my S3 was built 4 weeks ago and I've just had an email from the dealer saying it will be going on the ship in the next few days even though it's been at the docks for 2 weeks!
Anybody else had any emails about shipping delays or anything?
How long did people wait from car being actually built to picking up? Also how long does it take once the car get's to the UK to then picking up?

Mine was about 2 -3 weeks from end of build week to me picking it up. I think that is about average. Dock to dealer can greatly change depending on distance to port, mine was about a 2 hour drive and I think it was at the port for 1 day after arrival.

Sounds to me like they may have been telling porky pies to humour you perhaps?

Roughly 25 weeks from point of order to pickup is rather a long wait.

All told mine will be about 16.

Mine took 3wks +1day to get to the dealer from the monday of the build week. As far as I can assertain it spent about half that time waiting for a ship in Emden. I am told once shipped to UK it can take up to 10 working days to reach the dealer.

Think you were quite lucky then, mine will be about 6 weeks from delivery to picking up :keule:
Plus the 4 1/2 months it's been on order....

Go be honest I was very lucky because I picked the car up in 9 weeks after ordering which seems unheard of at the moment.

This is quite an interesting reply from my contact at Audi.

Hi Paul

Thanks for your email; your car never missed the boat, Dan’s car just managed to make it on to a slightly earlier one. Your car was released for shipping on the 13/11/13 and they have 14 days to get it into the UK from that point, from then it takes a week for the car to brought into UK stock and brought up to us. Once here we fully check the car over, perform a Pre Delivery Inspection and get the car ready for you.

The boats leave all the time, it could get into the UK tomorrow.

Our forecast for early-mid December still stands, you will not be waiting any longer than this.

Some quite interesting information to know.

Just had my dealer (sounds wrong!) on the phone, booked to pick the car up next Wednesday! He's going to the port to pick it up for me on Monday so I don't have to wait the 10 days for it to be transported! Woooohoooooo :yahoo:

This is quite an interesting reply from my contact at Audi.

Hi Paul

Thanks for your email; your car never missed the boat, Dan’s car just managed to make it on to a slightly earlier one. Your car was released for shipping on the 13/11/13 and they have 14 days to get it into the UK from that point, from then it takes a week for the car to brought into UK stock and brought up to us. Once here we fully check the car over, perform a Pre Delivery Inspection and get the car ready for you.

The boats leave all the time, it could get into the UK tomorrow.

Our forecast for early-mid December still stands, you will not be waiting any longer than this.

Some quite interesting information to know.

What was your build week?