S3 Shark Fin Aerial

SafTT

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I picked up an S3 Sportback last week (59 Plate)

The car is Sprint Blue and has Phone Prep and Nav

I have 2 questions which I hope someone can answer for me:

1. Does the aerial come as part of the phone prep upgrade or Nav? My 57 TT 2.0T had phone prep, but no Nav and had the aerial. My friend has just bought an S3 3DR with phone-prep and no Nav and doesnt have the aerial. This has left me a little confused as to what the aerial is for...

2. Does you aerial come in the same colour as the rest of the car. Mine is black on a Sprint Blue car, is this standard or part of the Black Styling Pack?

Thanks
Saf

Why didn't you ask this in your other thread?

The aerial on all 8Ps are black bud.

Cheers Staz,

Created it as a seperate thread to help others who may have the same question.

Any ideas as to whether its comes with the Nav or Phone-Prep?

It comes with Nav and phone prep if you specify phone prep in armrest or cradle I think. If you simply go for Bluetooth, then you don't get the aerial.

I've specced GSM phone prep low located in front centre armrest and confirmed with dealer that aerial is there. I'm looking to retro fit the Nav and the aerial being there in the first place will help.

Thanks mate

That makes complete sense :applaus:

Saf

It comes with Nav and phone prep if you specify phone prep in armrest or cradle I think. If you simply go for Bluetooth, then you don't get the aerial.

I've specced GSM phone prep low located in front centre armrest and confirmed with dealer that aerial is there. I'm looking to retro fit the Nav and the aerial being there in the first place will help.

I though this too so check first.

I have Phone prep + BT and the Sharkfin.

I have retro fitted RNSE but still dont have the correct radio Antenna which is a further retro fit in the tail gate.

cheers
Paul

I though this too so check first.

I have Phone prep + BT and the Sharkfin.

I have retro fitted RNSE but still dont have the correct radio Antenna which is a further retro fit in the tail gate.

cheers
Paul

Thanks Paul. I know a guy who will do the retrofit for me, so hoping he knows his onions so to speak, but thanks for the advice.

Will have to wait until after March 1 anyway. :whistle2: