s3 servicing. costs? and is AMD as good as a Dealer?

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
Hi

my car is due a service in 1000 miles time. but i want to get in in a bit earlier just to be safe

How much am i looking at do you think? Its on 45k and i think the last one was the haldex oil change so this should just be a basic one.

Next... does an AMD stamp hold as much weight as a dealer stamp when it comes to resale?

Im going to AMD anyway for the remap in the next few weeks and may be a good time to get a service aswell????

you advice....

cheers

[freeplug]PS....for those that dont know...AMD remap group buy!! Big Savings... check out the Group Buy Section [/freeplug] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hi

my car is due a service in 1000 miles time. but i want to get in in a bit earlier just to be safe

How much am i looking at do you think? Its on 45k and i think the last one was the haldex oil change so this should just be a basic one.

Next... does an AMD stamp hold as much weight as a dealer stamp when it comes to resale?

Im going to AMD anyway for the remap in the next few weeks and may be a good time to get a service aswell????

you advice....

cheers

[freeplug]PS....for those that dont know...AMD remap group buy!! Big Savings... check out the Group Buy Section [/freeplug] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be much happier with my car in the hands of AmD rather than the dealer... They have a great reputation and most potential buyers probably would have done their homework and know who they are

Rich

I took my a3 to awesome gti in Irlam (oop north). They did a service, haldex change, and allignment.

That came to a little over £300.

I wouldnt trust my car with a dealer as most i have encountered seem to mess around when they get something "a little different in" and all take it out to get dinner with.

Yaash morotorsport near wembley have quite a good rep too! im def taking mine there!

Depends who is buying your car I guess - an enthusiast will know AMD, but joe public will be looking for FASH

Just another view

Dunc