1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3 servicing. costs? and is AMD as good as a Dealer?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jediknight, Apr 28, 2005.

1. jediknight

jediknight Member

[Apr 28, 2005]
    Hi

my car is due a service in 1000 miles time. but i want to get in in a bit earlier just to be safe

How much am i looking at do you think? Its on 45k and i think the last one was the haldex oil change so this should just be a basic one.

Next... does an AMD stamp hold as much weight as a dealer stamp when it comes to resale?

Im going to AMD anyway for the remap in the next few weeks and may be a good time to get a service aswell????

you advice....

cheers

[freeplug]PS....for those that dont know...AMD remap group buy!! Big Savings... check out the Group Buy Section [/freeplug] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 28, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hi

my car is due a service in 1000 miles time. but i want to get in in a bit earlier just to be safe

How much am i looking at do you think? Its on 45k and i think the last one was the haldex oil change so this should just be a basic one.

Next... does an AMD stamp hold as much weight as a dealer stamp when it comes to resale?

Im going to AMD anyway for the remap in the next few weeks and may be a good time to get a service aswell????

you advice....

cheers

[freeplug]PS....for those that dont know...AMD remap group buy!! Big Savings... check out the Group Buy Section [/freeplug] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be much happier with my car in the hands of AmD rather than the dealer... They have a great reputation and most potential buyers probably would have done their homework and know who they are

Rich
  4. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Apr 28, 2005]
    I get mine done at AMD - my opinion will be moderated so I shull not say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
  5. jediknight

jediknight Member

[Apr 28, 2005]
    please PM me if it will help me decide

thanks
  6. SyA3Turbo

SyA3Turbo Member

[Apr 28, 2005]
    I took my a3 to awesome gti in Irlam (oop north). They did a service, haldex change, and allignment.

That came to a little over £300.

I wouldnt trust my car with a dealer as most i have encountered seem to mess around when they get something "a little different in" and all take it out to get dinner with.
  7. imported_Strider81

imported_Strider81 Guest

[Apr 28, 2005]
    Yaash morotorsport near wembley have quite a good rep too! im def taking mine there!
  8. DuncS3

DuncS3 Member

[Apr 28, 2005]
    Depends who is buying your car I guess - an enthusiast will know AMD, but joe public will be looking for FASH

Just another view

Dunc