S3 Service at 4.5k

pacnet

Reaction score
Just booked my S3 Service for next week. Was expecting a lot more miles! I have raised this issue with the dealer. Any views?

4.5k!!! Thats pimped Evo territory?! ;)

Have you made any mods??

Although I see your an 07, so is it on a yearly?

It's a year old @ the end of the month. No mods, both my last 8p A3's (both 2.0 FSI's) went to around 16k or 2 years.

Also, Do both u guys have bonnet insulation, I have noticed others with it in pics, but i have none. Maybe Audi changed the specs later in 2007?

I thought the service intervals were every 20k or annualy, whichever comes sooner?

Fixed service interval is 1 year or 10,000 miles - whichever comes first.

Variable service interval is 2 years or 20,000 miles (reducing according to driving style & conditions) - whichever comes first.

Sounds like the dealer put your car onto fixed service intervals and the year is up...

BTW idiots at local Skoda dealer coded the instruments wrong when they serviced my wife's car last month, put it on a 36 day service interval instead of a 360 day service interval. Sorted with VAG-COM in 5 minutes!

Hmm, whats the difference between fixed and variable apart from the obvious?

Hmm, I was given the choice of fixed or variable and went for variable. I think you are right "petroldave" as it says 10 days or 5k to service, which will be the day I picked it up last year!

They must have pressed the wrong button and put it on fixed.

Our Audi came up for its first service at 8.5k miles at 13 months. Most of its journeys were about fairly short though at about 6-7miles. The variable service should take you up to two years but if the car senses lots of short or hard journeys it will adjust it the mileage down.

It does depend on the type of driving you do; If you have short commutes and low mileage, it will come up earlier. My old 2.0Tfsi came up early as it was my wifes car and got zero long journeys and only short stints.

It's a year old @ the end of the month. No mods, both my last 8p A3's (both 2.0 FSI's) went to around 16k or 2 years.

You've got the same problem as a lot of people with 07MY TT's are reporting over on the TT forum. My 3.2 TT is doing it too and is set to variable

My S3 is showing oil change due at 9500 or one year, and service due at 18000 or three years

Yeh, you've got the 08MY car so not as much of a problem.

Also, Do both u guys have bonnet insulation, I have noticed others with it in pics, but i have none. Maybe Audi changed the specs later in 2007?

They come in the deisel cars - to try hide the tractor noise lol

Mine is only due to 1st service at 14k miles... No indication for oil change before...
I am on the variable service schedule.

Pedro