S3 Seat/ seat subframe removal

dellboy

Reaction score
So my passenger seat has become a bit wobbly and i found today that a piece of black plastic that the seat runs on is to blame, as you can see from the photo its broken in half!

It goes here;

DSC01760.jpg

And here it is, still intact, on the other side of the same seat;

DSC01761.jpg

Has anyone else replaced one of these? Im having a trouble getting the seat out, i have disconnected the battery and removed the 4 6mm allen bolts in the runners but the seat doesnt want to come out.
icon9.png
Im assuming i have to first remove the seat itself and then the subframe after??? I have the A3 interior workshop manual but it seems the set up is different on the s3? Thanks.

Put the allen bolts/cap head screws back in.
Undo the two screws under the plastic cover under the front of the seat, then remove covers at the end of the runners and you can then slide the seat back and it does come out.btw there is two connectors which need unplugging under the seat.
If your unsure I'll get a pic

Dellboy did you every find out where this piece goes? Iv got the seat out of mine and have the same spare piece. Iv got no idea where it goes and i cant load up that manual. I know it was a while ago but hopefully you remember

Sure did mate! There is a cord on a ratchet springy type thing, that is housed in plastic, the cord is under tension and helps when you want adjust the seat forwards or backwards. The end has like a plastic hook on it that hooks onto this metal piece... Sorry the explanation isn't so clear, it's difficult to explain, and as you said it was a while ago. If you can't sort it let me know and I'll try again! Good luck. :)