S3 Sat nav problem

shorty1988m

Reaction score
Ok so i've just bought a 2011 S3 and i'm having problems with the sat nav. I did check the unit when i bought it with regards to radio and CD's which worked perfectly. The car came with a 2011 Europa disk which is perfect with no scratches.

Anyway, when i put the disk in the unit it shows unknown (on the screen where it shows the status of the drive and 2 SD slots) and when i click the navigation button it says 'Please insert navigation medium'. Obviously this isn't good as i've just bought the car but hey ho. I tried a cleaning DVD but this wouldn't play either. CDs work fine.

I have a warranty but I'm afraid its the laser giving out and my wear and tear coverage doesn't start until 30 days after purchase. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what you did to fix it.

You need to open the rns-e and clean your lens.. Search on the Web for a DIY. Cd cleaner I think it's not very good..

Yeh was afraid of that lol Seems simple enough and now i need to buy some removal keys and a cleaning fluid. Thanks!

Don't worry.. A little bit of alcohol.. Some coton and here go.. Good luck

Don't worry.. A little bit of alcohol.. Some coton and here go.. Good luck

Ordered the removal keys and will get some alcohol tomorrow. If it does break totally at least its not too long before i use that warranty and get it in to audi!

If you have warranty why would you even touch the unit, just get it into them for replacement.

Basically because my warranty for wear and tear doesn't kick in until the 30 day/1000 mile mark.