S3 Saloon Same Price as S4

Avallon

Reaction score
Just had a look on DtD - the S4 Saloon is actually only £100 more than the S3. Does anyone know what the approx. future value is for an S4 at 10k p/a over 3 or 4 years? I suspect the S4 may actually work out cheaper (if not cheaper to run)!

I doubt it. Smaller cars generally hold value better . Hatchbacks generally better than saloons... Do S 3 hatchback is best value .

Just had a look on DtD - the S4 Saloon is actually only £100 more than the S3. Does anyone know what the approx. future value is for an S4 at 10k p/a over 3 or 4 years? I suspect the S4 may actually work out cheaper (if not cheaper to run)!
Remember there is a new A4 due out soon and that may make some difference to the residuals of the current A4/S4.

Exactly, the A4 is well past its sell by date. However the S4 saloon starts at £39,000 the S3 saloon is £30,000 according to Audi...

The A4 and A5 both have the old MMI hardware.

I was thinking of the S5 but the I prefer up to date stuff.

An anomaly because a new S4 is due relatively soon and the order book for the S3 saloon is weeks old. Add in fuel consumption, tax, insurance and depreciation on an old model and it'll cost you a load more for a model from 2009...

Im amazed at how these cars are priced based on region.

For e.g., it is my understanding that the Golf R is roughly the same cost as an S3 over in the UK. Am I correct in saying that? The Golf R is a full $10k lower down here than the S3.

Regardless, the current S4 here is priced at $135k on the road base. The new S3 is priced at $69k on the road base. That's quite a substantial difference!

And an Audi RS6 is roughly $250k here!

Last edited:
I think you get better standard spec S3 down under which goes some way towards the difference. Golf R is cheaper in uk and I believe discounts are generally better. But residuals likely to be lower!