S3 s-tronic start up ?

Essflee

Reaction score
Hi,

Accidentally started the car without my foot on the break, was surprised that it started...

I've tried it since and every time I can start my car without putting my foot on the break, I still get the message popping up telling me to apply my foot to the brake before turning the key, but doesn't make any difference if I don't ??

I questioned that too when I first got mine.
Perfectly normal apparently on the stronic

Reactions: Essflee
Ok cheers Ju, as long as it's deemed normal.

My wife's A1 won't start without foot on the brake.

Thanks again !

Yes I thought it was strange too so I had the salesman ask the master tech:yes:

The car will start on the key without your foot on the brake pedal. You can't change into gear until your foot is on the brake. The failsafe will not allow you start the car when the gear lever is in anything but neutral. This is all normal.

I've noticed that my brake pedal is hard when the car is not started and then drops once the car starts, I did think I had an accumulator problem at 1st, I just dont bother now and start up without my foot on the pedal.
I used to be a driving instructor and it was common practice to start the car with your foot on the brake pedal after checking the handbrake was on and your not in gear, I never taught automatic drivers but assumed it would be the same to err on the side of safety.
When the car is in park I believe all the wheels are locked via the electronic parking brake system until you press the footbrake in which turns off the EPB allowing you to change gear.