S3 S-tronic Gearboxes 6 speed - Wheres the Limit for the clutch pack?

Your correct, please bare in mind most tuners will invest money where they want to see the most return. The software on the later DSG cars changed which means more R&D costs. I have been looking I to this for ages and been on at Revo for 15 months, have even offered my car as a demo. They will be looking into this but not a a priority as they have been honest about tuning the TTRS / RS3.

Not great for us but its swings and roundabouts I am afraid.

Down south Regal supply GIAC dsg code for newer cars but the regal customer service is very poor. I have contacted them numerous times and they have been useless. My friend had his 2010 car done with them and loves the GIAC dsg software but he had to travel to southampton, from London, three times before they managed to do the software successfully.

Yes i spoke to Kev at Revo and he said they were looking at getting this released this year sometime but he couldn't give me a date.

Down south Regal supply GIAC dsg code for newer cars but the regal customer service is very poor. I have contacted them numerous times and they have been useless. My friend had his 2010 car done with them and loves the GIAC dsg software but he had to travel to southampton, from London, three times before they managed to do the software successfully.

Yes i spoke to Kev at Revo and he said they were looking at getting this released this year sometime but he couldn't give me a date.

Hope they will keep the word and give us a nice surprise soon....

Reactions: jimojameso
So do i mate!! If we all keep bugging them enough hopefully they'll get their act together!! Ha ha

I had mine mapped and the DSG done at Shark HQ in Mansfield. That is some way from you.
My thread i posted afterwards is here
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-shark-stage-1-dsg-remap-experiences-lol.html
'true' manual mode is nice, LOL. No kickdown is a good thing to have when you want full manual mode.
The figures I quote in that linked post are from the graph I walked away with so will have a fair bit of leeway I would have thought.
I have not been on a 'proper' AWD rolling road since my Subaru days so cannot comment on how accurate the results are.
Speak to Mikko at Shark as he spent time getting mine done right and set the torque limiter at a sensible level. He was not setting it any higher even if I had asked him to. My price was negotiated due to good customer service from them as I had an initial disappointment with the engine map due to the torque limiter stopping full power from the map.
(please remember at the time of my map, the torque 'patch' was not publicly available until later), hence me having the DSG map.

wow that what I was thinking to be close to 340-350lb/ft but certainly DSG is holding back the torque. Your is manual I presume?

Nope, my car is DSG, but my engine map includes the reducing the torque figure that's sent to the gearbox (within safe levels), hence why it never hits limp mode (which BTWI I saw in my ed30 Golf DSG, which had a Bluefin map on it).

true only wondering how is this going to work when ECU map and DSG map are both fiddling with the torque and from different tuners:confused:

This really isn't a problem, we have done plenty of gearbox tunes to go with other tuner's engine tunes. Also, you really don't need to worry about the clutch wearing out too quickly, they are good for far more torque than what they leave the factory with. 500nm is no problem at all for the stock DSG clutch.

We dropped GIAC due to their useless customer service and reluctance to do new files for European cars, we had loads of trouble with them. To be fair, Regal are a good bunch, it was probably GIAC that were the problem. Last I knew there were no files available from GIAC for the newer DSG boxes.

I noticed on mine torque figures are slightly low thats why I'm considering DSG map? What you reckon?

The low torque is down to how the engine has been mapped, with DSG in mind. A lot of tuners keep the boost delivery quite low so as not to throw the gearbox into limp mode, even with modifying the torque output on the can-bus from the engine to the gearbox there is still a limit. Once the gearbox software is done you can have a more aggressive boost delivery / torque increase.

We usually expect around 400nm with a stage one car, this is a sensible limit for the stock manual clutch and DSG gearbox. With stage 2, depending on what clutch / DSG software you have we expect between 450-500nm. This is a dyno graph of an ED30 we mapped (DSG Gearbox), the green and black are Revo stage 2 and the blue line is our Stage 2. The customer wanted plenty of torque so that's what we gave him... over 620NM!!! We couldn't give quite as much power at the top end after delivering all that torque because on repeated dyno runs the EGT's were climbing, so we pulled it back a bit at the top end. But he was happy with a 5-10bhp loss seen as though he gained over 70nm!

Revo V Autograph

That car was rapid from point to point, bit lively at the front end though! This kind of torque os no problem for the S3 to put down....

Oh my days....the other half isn't gonna like this AT ALL!!!

Spend money on a holiday.....or make the S3 have more power....hmmmm