S3 REVO remapped... comments and settings

Bronquito

Reaction score
Hi there!
For those who already remapped their S3 with REVO, I would like to have your comments
I remapped mine. It's now setting on level 2, but, It seems it take more time to react right after pressing the pedal... lag increase? or need to adjust the S-tronic gearbox?

Kind regards

Reactions: RYuill
Nope, haven't noticed that one.

I notice more lag (marginally) when the engine isn't up to temperature (although I don't push the car hard on a cold engine)

The only other negative thing I have noticed is the increased amount of torque steer I get now.

Thanks mate.
What level are you using?... Level 3?
In my case, in level 2, driving in Dynamic, from 0 (stop), the car is a rocket but maybe in 5 or 6 gear, when have to kick down the pedal it takes more time to react... I don't know yet (I just got the new SPS) if will be better to set the car in level 1 or maybe 3.

Yes, I only run the car on V-Power, so don't play around with the others at all.

I find it runs like a complete dog on standard 95 RON unleaded, and this is even more noticeable after the remap. But then, you'd expect that as the car is now tuned more precisely so is less tolerant than ot was previously.

The improved economy more than covers the higher price at the pump, so it's a no brainer anyway.

Has it been worth the money from all aspects? I've had previous cars remapped, solely to improve performance. I know the S3 doesn't need it but it's curiosity that's leading me to want a remap again... My S3 is a manual BTW.

Feedback would be appreciated

A few questions from me:

1. How many miles did you cover before remapping?
2. Does drive select still work after the remapping the efficiency/ dynamic mode as you've replaced standard map with the revo performance map does it still work for these different settings?
3. Did you get told by your revo mapper about the flag/ warning coming up when it goes to the dealer? I'm concerned any warranty work required ie. Coolant issue or engine issue they won't adhere to.

Reactions: GRE57Y
In my case, almost 1800 miles. Talking about Drive Select, is owrking fine, after the remap. All settings works perfect, even Efficency mode, where car goes to neutral when removing foot from pedal. Regarding TD1 flag, is not a problem. The only concern is that I got to be sure that my cars (got a remaped Q5 too) don't be connected on line during services.
This weekend I will change settings. I'll try level 1... BTW everybody, even REVO recomend Shell V-Power. In my country, Peru, V-Power is a 97 RON. My S3 runs as a bullet, from completely stop, but in level 2, I feel it took more time than stock to react, from upper gears. Maybe what I need is to make some logs with my tuner to be sure.

I got a pretty good deal, as Revo used my car for testing back in July - they are a great bunch, I have worked with them before, so I didn't consider it a risk.

Back when I had diesels, I used to do the sums on fuel consumption improvements to justify a remap in my own mind.
With the S3 (and my S4 previously) these figures don't stack - based on RRP I would have to keep the car for over four years to pay for the map based on fuel savings.
However, I can easily justify the cost based on smiles per mile - it really has put a smile back on my face every time I get in the car!!!

I had waited for 5,000 miles before the car was mapped.
It has been loosening up nicely, and has noticeably got better the more miles I have put on it.
In my view, this sort of mileage will uncover any components that are going to fail prematurely (Early Life Failure)

The different drive select modes still work fine - still notice some improvements across Dynamic and Standard modes!
To be honest, I keep it in individual around town anyway - lighten the steering and soften the magride and keep the engine in sporty mode.

I was aware of the TD1 flag, and as mentioned previously I have no issue with that.
If that is a concern, then don't get a remap, but to me the benefits outweigh the risks/drawbacks

Hope this helps!

Reactions: tigger8888
From memory, @Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev. has mapped an MQB car (I daren't mention its name), where all modes except ECO are the new revised map, and when put into ECO, it reverts back to stock map with all the ECO features.

So no doubt, this will be available for the S3 soon, or Rick will be along to correct me!

The only concern is that I got to be sure that my cars (got a remaped Q5 too) don't be connected on line during services.

Cheers for the reply but what is connected online? I though when you get the car serviced it get plugged into the system which be online?

In my case, almost 1800 miles. Talking about Drive Select, is owrking fine, after the remap. All settings works perfect, even Efficency mode, where car goes to neutral when removing foot from pedal. Regarding TD1 flag, is not a problem. The only concern is that I got to be sure that my cars (got a remaped Q5 too) don't be connected on line during services. This weekend I will change settings. I'll try level 1... BTW everybody, even REVO recomend Shell V-Power. In my country, Peru, V-Power is a 97 RON. My S3 runs as a bullet, from completely stop, but in level 2, I feel it took more time than stock to react, from upper gears. Maybe what I need is to make some logs with my tuner to be sure.

Sorry if I was not clear enough. You are right, during service, the car is connected to the system, which is not necesary, only for the record. For example, if Audi has a software update, by default local dealer is going to apply it during service. In my case, I have to be sure that no one is going to connect my cars to the Audi Global System.

They can use portable VAS to check or erase faults. No need to do it through Audi Network

Reactions: tigger8888