1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 revo map - normal or linear

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by AdriansS3, Jan 4, 2013.

1. AdriansS3

AdriansS3 Member

[Jan 4, 2013]
    Right guys I have decided to take my S3 to revo stage 1 in the next week or so while they have an offer on but can't decide if I should get the normal or linear map. I have read some posts and people have said with the linear map you loose that feeling of being pushed back in your seat which can make the car feel slower not quicker!
    Has anyone had any experience of both and what were you feelings?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

[Jan 4, 2013]
    Normal is more agressive than linear. I have the linear on mine at the minute but going back to normal to see if I notice a difference
  4. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

[Jan 4, 2013]
    What's the offer they have at the moment?
  5. AdriansS3

AdriansS3 Member

[Jan 4, 2013]
    They have got 20% off until 15th January.
    I am sure either map should totally transform the car and maybe having a more linear map instead of buckets of instant torque may help the standard clutch hold on that bit longer.
    I suppose it's each to there own, some will like it and some won't. I just didn't want to go for the linear map and then feel that the car was not that much different/quicker.
  6. Acheron

Acheron Member

[Jan 4, 2013]
    I'd go for the normal map. I had linear @ stage 2 and it just felt like the car required more effort to get up and going. Changed back to normal for 2+ and it feels much better (despite my massive underboost)