1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3 replacement

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by lost_it, Oct 20, 2003.

1. lost_it

lost_it Member

[Oct 20, 2003]
    OK guys crunch time is fast approaching and it is time to begin looking for a replacement of a much loved s3 or decide to bite the bullet and buy it.
    I have begun to look but nothing seems to pique my interest, not even the VW seems to do it for me.
    maybe the new DSG a3 qautro, supposedly has similar performance to standard s3 225

so what are the opinions on a replacement-

2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 23, 2014]

3. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Oct 20, 2003]
    New A3Q is not rated by the motoring press as being particularly sporty, more of a comfort cruiser which is fine if thats your thing, but i guess you are looking for a similar car to the s3 for replacement?

Thought about a porsche 993 C4? They are low 20k now and are a total blast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  4. lost_it

lost_it Member

[Oct 20, 2003]
    yes, or something like a caterham and disco to tow it around with or a lotus or vauxhaul
  5. amoffat

amoffat Member

[Oct 20, 2003]
    The new A3Q will be reeeeaaallly boring. Why not wait for the new 04 model S2000, it will be a real gem, and a bit softer and more forgiving for those who are scared of teh frisky backend.

It will have a gallon of extras too, its as fast as a Boxster S and better looking than a Z4.

Oh, did I forget to mention that the limiter only kicks in at 9200rpm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Same sort of money as an S3, but better residauls. 3-4 year old examples in AutoTrader for £16-£18k!