S3 Register

do xenons come standard with the s3 like they do with the a3 s line?

Leather isn't standard on Sline

My advice is look at or download the brochure from Audi.co.uk or whatever country you are in to get spec and then check with dealer before ordering,

robo1million - delivery March 14 - s-tronic brilliant red with 5 twin-spoke star design wheels from Derby Audi

Options
- electric lumbar support
- electric front seats
- magnetic ride
- technology package with Audi connect
- advanced key
- drivers assistance pack
- auto dimming rear view mirror
- LED headlight pack
- privacy glass
- auto dimming, electric folding & heated door mirrors
- hold assist
- parking system plus with park assist
- reversing camera
- side assist

Still seriously considering changing the wheels for the titanium Matt option and also adding the extended leather panels....

Can't wait til march... Had a new astra VXR last march which has been anything but a good experience!!! Luckily they are giving full refund and I can now move up the ladder a fair old bit!!!

Just upgraded alloys to titanium Matt 10-spokes and added mono.pur extended leather.... Oops! They need to hurry up or I will deffo end up adding everything the more time I have to stew on it!!

Just upgraded alloys to titanium Matt 10-spokes and added mono.pur extended leather.... Oops! They need to hurry up or I will deffo end up adding everything the more time I have to stew on it!!

mono is lovely. If it helps, I have adjusted my order 4 times after placing it!

The last thing that I'm considering now is whether to add the Audi sound system thing but to be honest I probably won't as I'm not too fussy about that sort of thing...

March is already seeming a horribly long time away!! Especially when I am dropping down into a 1.2 corsa club at the end of this week when my Astra VXR goes back!

The Audi sound system is a great value upgrade in my opinion, it includes a sub in the boot too. It really is decent.

Reactions: c.grex and cemerson
Agree, fantastic sound from mine. I've not heard B&O but I can't imagine it's worth the extra (at least to me).

you are as bad as me, ive banned myself from looking at brochures

my spec is

-misano red
manual - yep manual
- electric lumbar support - recently added
- technology package with Audi connect - recently added
- interior led lights - recently added
B&O
pano roof - recently added
auto dimming rear view mirror
- LED headlight pack - recently added
- privacy glass
- auto dimming, electric folding & heated door mirrors
- hold assist - recently added
- high beam assist- recently added
- comfort pack with parking system plus with park assist

The last thing that I'm considering now is whether to add the Audi sound system thing but to be honest I probably won't as I'm not too fussy about that sort of thing...

March is already seeming a horribly long time away!! Especially when I am dropping down into a 1.2 corsa club at the end of this week when my Astra VXR goes back!

I guess the audi is working out a lot more than the astra

The Audi sound system is a great value upgrade in my opinion, it includes a sub in the boot too. It really is decent.

Sorry I disagree. The *** is only the standard kit and now is extra because a below base music has been fitted presumably to cover cost of Dab now standard!
My advice is go B& O if you love music.

Sorry I disagree. The *** is only the standard kit and now is extra because a below base music has been fitted presumably to cover cost of Dab now standard!
My advice is go B& O if you love music.

The *** is not standard and costs extra. It makes the standard kit a lot better and then the B&O makes it better again. This like many options, for £250 the *** makes the standard kit better without having to pay 3 times more to have the best.

i agree it should be standard, but so should many options on a car of this value, like TPMS, auto lights, wipers, parking sensors! But it's the audi way! And it seems to work too, as many people are adding well over 3k of extras to there S3's here, and it won't even add half of that cost to value of the car when they come to sell.

If your on a budget and want to improve the speakers *** is well worth the money. This is the situation I am in and I have had cars with both systems in on demo and the *** is still very good, you really notice the difference at very high volumes.

*** adds a 6 channel amp, 2 extra speakers plus the sub.

There aren't many cars of this kind of value that include a separate amp and sub as standard equipment...

*** was standard and is in other markets. Audi have created a naff base audio and forced people to pay 250 for what was/is/should be standard in different countries. Audi have down spec'd the base audio to pay for standard Dab.

No, they added the cost of DAB on to the cost of MY2014 cars with the price rise in July to pay for the standard DAB. The price rise is the same cost as the DAB option was. Also, *** has been an extra since the new model was released, even when DAB wasn't standard.

I got the details for the S3 as soon as it was available and you have always had to add ***.

The fact is it is a option and having it is better than not. If you can find another £500+ then B&O is worth it. and if you can find another few thousand there are other cars with better audio.

The *** is not standard and costs extra. It makes the standard kit a lot better and then the B&O makes it better again. This like many options, for £250 the *** makes the standard kit better without having to pay 3 times more to have the best.

i agree it should be standard, but so should many options on a car of this value, like TPMS, auto lights, wipers, parking sensors! But it's the audi way! And it seems to work too, as many people are adding well over 3k of extras to there S3's here, and it won't even add half of that cost to value of the car when they come to sell.

If your on a budget and want to improve the speakers *** is well worth the money. This is the situation I am in and I have had cars with both systems in on demo and the *** is still very good, you really notice the difference at very high volumes.

agreed, I started with £K of extra, now im up to £7K but if I opt for stronic, acc, 4th year warranty then ill be not far off £10K, eeek!!! but I know of some who have spent more

Me for one :p

Well, not 10k but more than 7k I think...

I got the details for the S3 as soon as it was available and you have always had to add ***.

The fact is it is a option and having it is better than not. If you can find another £500+ then B&O is worth it. and if you can find another few thousand there are other cars with better audio.

What I meant to say was that prior to A3 8V Audi had a half decent sound system as a standard ***. Now they have brought in SS new one and charge extra !!

r500frs - Ordered 27/6/13, build week 4 (still cant work this out as original delivery date was Nov! Not happy....) Feb 14 delivery (although its a company car so lease company may want 1st Mar delivery)

Sportback S-tronic, glacier white, black alcantara interior, std S3 alloys, Bang & Olufsen, privacy glass, light and rain sensor pack with auto dimming rear view mirror, rear parking sensors, non smokers pack

So, I finally got to the bottom of my delay and thought the insight may help others? Turns out my order was originally placed as I thought on 27th June but apparently, this S model required another document to be completed to confirm the order with Audi UK. This was not done until September so effectively I lost about 10 weeks.

My current company car needs to go back next week but the supplying dealer / Audi are keeping me mobile until my new S3 arrives - first up on Monday is an A8 3.0tdi SE Exec! Not exactly my type of car but hey ho. I will then be receiving an S3 Sportback from the Audi UK demo fleet for a couple weeks before a new A4 Allroad from early Jan to delivery of my own S3

Cheers

Rich

So, I finally got to the bottom of my delay and thought the insight may help others? Turns out my order was originally placed as I thought on 27th June but apparently, this S model required another document to be completed to confirm the order with Audi UK. This was not done until September so effectively I lost about 10 weeks.

My current company car needs to go back next week but the supplying dealer / Audi are keeping me mobile until my new S3 arrives - first up on Monday is an A8 3.0tdi SE Exec! Not exactly my type of car but hey ho. I will then be receiving an S3 Sportback from the Audi UK demo fleet for a couple weeks before a new A4 Allroad from early Jan to delivery of my own S3

Cheers

Rich

i think that's excellent service, sir

Cheers

Rich

that's good, though id prefer 1 car for all that time, though I guess they are worried about adding big miles to one car

MatthewC - Ordered 13/10/2013, Build Week 52 / Delivery March 14, Estoril Blue, Black, 3DR, S-Tronoc, Wakefield.
Tech Pack, Interior Lighting Pack, Comfort Pack (Rear Sensors, Standard Cruise), Advanced Key, Privacy Glass,
Mirrors - (electrically adjustable, folding and heated), Audi Sound System.

Lawzie - Ordered 01/10/2013, Build Week 45. Delivery expected end of Nov/Dec, Glacier White, Sportback, S-Tronic, Epsom. Comfort Pack, (Rear Sensors, Standard Cruise), B&O Speakers Mirrors, Pano Sunroof... Also went for black inlays instead of brushed aluminium for a change!
Hoping mine has snuck onto a ship this week like some other peoples on here. Will update soon!

added bonus, dealer has thrown an additional sweetener into my deal, free technology pack mmi and tyre pressure minitor as I'm a likeable bloke apparently.....

he probably knows a cash sale is worth sweetening for future business LOL :)

added bonus, dealer has thrown an additional sweetener into my deal, free technology pack mmi and tyre pressure minitor as I'm a likeable bloke apparently.....

he probably knows a cash sale is worth sweetening for future business LOL :)

do you have a mortgage?
If so is your cash not far better used paying that off and financing the car?

do you have a mortgage?
If so is your cash not far better used paying that off and financing the car?

just had a look at fixed mortgage rates, the %ge cost is averaging 3% and you're financing at 6.9%............

if i was strapped for cash to bu=y an S3, I'd remortgage at 3% and save 3% interest.........

so, even if I hadn't cleared my mortgage, I'd still never finance at 6.9%........

i'd go and speak to your mortgae lender and ask for an "extension".............!!!!!:bye:

just had a look at fixed mortgage rates, the %ge cost is averaging 3% and you're financing at 6.9%............

if i was strapped for cash to bu=y an S3, I'd remortgage at 3% and save 3% interest.........

so, even if I hadn't cleared my mortgage, I'd still never finance at 6.9%........

i'd go and speak to your mortgae lender and ask for an "extension".............!!!!!:bye:

i don't have a mortgage, thanks for the pointers though.

Ba stards.

I have a mortgage and I'm financing the car. Not many people without at least one form of loan where I come from.

Wow you are lucky.
What with the cash payments for cars and the mountains of Westhill on your doorstep.

it's not our Westhill home that's adjacent to the mountains, it's our Ballater weekend home.

Back on thread, the dealer advised today that I'm able to have my car in the New year holiday period, but I've decided to hold until March irrespective as we're not in the UK Feb / early March.

It appears that all September orders are now shipping ahead of original estimates, which is great news for all of us :)

it's not our Westhill home that's adjacent to the mountains, it's our Ballater weekend home.

Back on thread, the dealer advised today that I'm able to have my car in the New year holiday period, but I've decided to hold until March irrespective as we're not in the UK Feb / early March.

It appears that all September orders are now shipping ahead of original estimates, which is great news for all of us :)

A second home too...................surprised I missed that being mentioned.
Wowzers, good going.

Update ... build week moved again.. week 7 to week 5 NOW it's week 3... Looking forward to March 1st!!

Reactions: Scotty2011, Louay, Itguy and 1 other person
BUILD WEEK 45 UPDATE
Just a quick update for anyone on build week 45. I have just had a call saying my car is still at a port in Germany. Looking like I will be getting it around 8th December.

Reactions: PilotAudi