1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Recaros

ayfreetee Apr 15, 2014

1. ayfreetee

ayfreetee Well-Known Member

I have just Baught some S3 recaros in light grey which need a refurb, could anyone tell me the correct name and code number for the colour so I am able to order the correct dye kit, thanks in advance.

2. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

I presume they are leather?

3. ayfreetee

Aren't all S3 seats leather? I'v never seen one with cloth.

4. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

They all have some leather on them....some are full leather and others are part leather/part alcantara, as per my pic below - both OEM items.

Attached Files:

5. RGL

RGL Free breather

Pretty sure there are some that have clothed (non-leather) Recaros. Saw one S3 on sale in my country with them, I'm not sure whether they are OEM or have been swapped from some other car (if there is a model that is easily swappable with the A3/S3 at all?), but here are some pics:
    48476005.jpg
    48476231.jpg

Unfortunately I cannot help the original poster. Sorry for the offtopic.

6. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

There were some very rare full cloth Recaros available on the S3 and they were only available in grey, hence the question :)

Do you have a pic of them at all??

If you have a look at the below on page 8, it has info on there of the colour and options that were available for the seats on release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqe7c9b77inlwpy/S3 press release 1999.pdf

7. ayfreetee

Yes they are leather, I believe they are called, platinum grey, but I am not sure that is correct, they are date stamped 2001 if that helps. Many thanks

8. s33nyboy12

s33nyboy12 Well-Known Member Team Ibis Team V8 Audi R8 s tronic

Cloth s3 seats.......... I quite like them

S3 OKR likes this.
  9. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

Blimey, never knew you could get cloth ones!

10. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Cloth seats were a no cost option from new, as S3 spec brings leather Recaro's as standard. I've only ever see one car for sale with factory cloth Recaro's, I guess it wouldn't really help values when prospective buyers are expecting leather.

11. ayfreetee

Gone a bit off subject, does anyone know the answer to the original question please.