1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Recaro Colour/Part Code??

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by NCRAW, Oct 16, 2011.

1. NCRAW

NCRAW Member

Hi Guys,

My driver's side recaro bucket seat is starting to show sign of leather cracks on the top of the door side bolsters (on the base and the back rest). Maybe this is due to myself not cleaning and conditioning it every couple of months (i do it 2-3 times yr) though im extremely careful getting in and out but seems like you cant help but rub the edges. I have seen many videos and articles on line regarding repair jobs and seems to be pretty straight forward but I need to know the colour code of the leather. Would anyone have that? they are fairly common seats so im hoping someone has done the research.

Many thanks
  2. Ash B

Ash B Active Member

Common problem that fella. Most just get a full retrim
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  3. NCRAW

NCRAW Member

The passenger seat still in new condition so im thinking re-trimming the driver one will make it look slightly different or maybe it wont. Its really not that bad, and ive seen way worse seats on youtube being repaired so would like to try that first. Other option is to retrim the bolsters sections with more durable hide. The strecj marks are not bad, its just a few small cracks.
  4. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Member Site Sponsor

Be interesting to see what people have paid for a full retrim of the front seats. Mine have done this a bit but are in no way due a retrim just yet. Maybe next year though.
  5. NCRAW

NCRAW Member

6. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

£650-£750 for 2 front seats trimmed.
  7. NCRAW

NCRAW Member

Thats the problem with Nappa leather. Its beautiful to park ur butt on it but its too soft for day to day action and lets admit it, most of us dont do the required regular deep clean and conditioning required. I still think that repairing is still the best and cheapest option for 3-4 yr old seats.