1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sandwich1987

sandwich1987 Member

I know theres alot of posts on here about poor signals on the radio, but i think my problem is a bit diffrent. i have an s3 8l and if i switch my radio to a preset channel i get nothing, if i turn the car off and come back to it later the same presert channel it was left on plays clearly with no interference. But if i try to manually select any station fm/am i get nothing but static?? any help appreciated!
    Liam.

2. sandwich1987

sandwich1987 Member

No one got any ideas? :(

3. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

only thing i can think of is there is either a fault internally in the FM reciever (in the stereo), or a fault with the antenna amp.

Does it happen only on radio? or does it happen on CD etc...

4. sandwich1987

sandwich1987 Member

only on the radio, if i start the car an select a station i get nothing but if i put it on the preset and switch off the car and return later it plays...

5. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Could be either HU or antenna amp not quite sure... Will have a think.