1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Races?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Freddiedog, Apr 10, 2007.

1. DaveS3Turbo

DaveS3Turbo Sepang Blue S3

On my 2.0T Quatty I think 60 is the borderline for 2nd I think.

DM

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

the new TT 2.0 reaches 62mph on 2nd gear... So it seems we have to work hard to get those claimed 5.7sec....

In gear acceleration there is not a chance for any stock 2.0 TFSI from the TT or Golf GTI, it is really faster. After mine I drove my friends TT and you can see how "slow" the TT is... Different engine tone as well...

Pedro

P.S.: My S3 is with 4000Km already and I got it only last wednesday (big trip Inverness-Porto) It will rest for a few weeks now... lol

4. aiculedtzu

aiculedtzu under pressure

I think the speedo is off in that TT and maybe that's why it reached 280 km/h on that inclined road.
    As far as i know, the TT 2.0 and the A3 2.0 TFSI have the same engine and gearbox, so at the same rpm should have exactly the same speed.

5. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

now that you say that you might be right. That TT has the optional 18s turbine wheels with 245 tires...

Nevertheless, my S3 is way fast than my friends TT! ;)

Pedro

6. Gti Jazz Blue

Gti Jazz Blue Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Hey now remember some of us were driving Golfs not that long ago :asskicking:

7. EAGLE79

EAGLE79 Member

LOL...

it was the first car that popped in to my head.... I like Golf's.

Erm, shall we say Fiesta XR2i then???

Although there is no point if its not even a challenge :salute:

8. hardcore Hallam

Don't try and get out of it, you're out of order :lmfao:

9. S3QuattroDrift

S3QuattroDrift Drifting With All 4 Wheels

Everybody who buys a performance car ie S3 etc must by definition enjoy the extra performance or they would not bother. I enjoy my cars performance regularly but like masturbation it is largely a solo pleasure.
    I recently witnessed a BMW and a Golf GTI racing past me on a dual carriageway then promptly crash into each other. The moral is that you may be Michael Schumacher etc but the other guy might be Homer Simpson. Try claiming on your insurance (Homer might not have any!), "i was racing along the road when...."

The sting in the tail is....3 weeks later i got caught in a radar trap at the very spot of the crash doing 50 in a 30 (who would have thought that a dual carriageway would be a 30?).

So next time Johnny Boy Racer in his Chav GTI wants a race, decide if you want to risk not only being a social leper but also if you want to risk him going into the back of you as you outbrake him into that roundabout!!!!!!

10. silver75

silver75 Big Ron

LOL

..seen the other day, two identical cars racing each other off the lights, its one of those situations where the two lanes merge into one with a traffic island preventing two cars going through after a hundred yards. Neither wanted to let the other go 1st so they both tried to go through at the same time with predictable results. Me and my GF just looked back and laughed as there is allways someone wanting to race at those lights.
    Reminded me of this thread..