S3 Races?

Freddiedog

Reaction score
Just ordered an S3. Before all the road safety brigade shout at me, I know it's wrong, but........... I was wondering if the S3 owners on here have had 'fun' :sly: with any R32, Scoobies Etc yet? How did you get on?

Most of the encounters I've had have been from people in slower cars who think they are driving a 911. Like the guy in a 94 C class saloon last night who sat on my **** on a motorway til I got a clear stretch and left him far, far behind.

People in MKIV GTIs are awful tw*ts for it too IMO.

As Irish said mostly people in slower cars, had a good laugh with a few bikes who appeared quite shocked at the S3 performance, and got tonked by a new M5 yesterday yes all 500BHP of it. S3 didn't disgrace itself though. Also had a drag from the lights with a 3.2 A3.

Normski ! Don't read this. He He

Mark

markwiggy said:
As Irish said mostly people in slower cars, had a good laugh with a few bikes who appeared quite shocked at the S3 performance, and got tonked by a new M5 yesterday yes all 500BHP of it. S3 didn't disgrace itself though. Also had a drag from the lights with a 3.2 A3.

Normski ! Don't read this. He He

Mark

Lol.

If you didn't you wouldn't be human and wouldn't deserve the car.

I will of course behave like a saint when my S3 arrives and be a perfect example to all... :whip:

markwiggy said:
got tonked by a new M5 yesterday yes all 500BHP of it.

He might not have pushed the button. It could have just been the 400bhp :)

rich1068 said:
He might not have pushed the button. It could have just been the 400bhp

Maybe !! :respekt:400bhp or 500bhp it was F*^#in quick, although I would like to think the button was well pushed, as if it was me I would wish to inflict maximum damage.

We will never know !!

Mark

Freddiedog said:
Just ordered an S3. Before all the road safety brigade shout at me, I know it's wrong, but........... I was wondering if the S3 owners on here have had 'fun' :sly: with any R32, Scoobies Etc yet? How did you get on?

I'm not a moralist and like to drive fast but can't help you on this one... The road is not a race track and for racing I use my karts!!

Enjoy your S3, mate but respect others as well (as I'm sure you do), what I mean is leave me alone, I can't really stand boy racers trying to push me or race me... Just let me go my way at my pace...

Pedro

i have pwnd loads of people ranging from 350Z to MKV R32, havent had any encounters with anything really meaty yet

Markwiggy, what happened with the A3 3.2, was it close, or did you pull away quite comfortably? Pedro mate, I'm not a boy racer, but I don't see the point in having a car with over 260Bhp, and not being able to see what the car can really do every so offen? If that was the case, why not buy fully loaded 1.6? You say you like driving fast on your own, mate that's racing, even if it's just with your-self, you could still hit someone coming the other way Etc.

newbiecrg said:
I'm not a moralist and like to drive fast but can't help you on this one... The road is not a race track and for racing I use my karts!!

Enjoy your S3, mate but respect others as well (as I'm sure you do), what I mean is leave me alone, I can't really stand boy racers trying to push me or race me... Just let me go my way at my pace...

Pedro

well said.

Freddiedog said:
Markwiggy, what happened with the A3 3.2, was it close, or did you pull away quite comfortably? Pedro mate, I'm not a boy racer, but I don't see the point in having a car with over 260Bhp, and not being able to see what the car can really do every so offen? If that was the case, why not buy fully loaded 1.6? You say you like driving fast on your own, mate that's racing, even if it's just with your-self, you could still hit someone coming the other way Etc.

Here here freddiedog,

Guys you have an S3 and you are all driving around like Miss Daisy. Give the jam jar back and get yourselves a volvo and a flat cap, would not suprise me if you've all had a tow bar fitted or bike rack!. If you don't like driving fast or having some fun then why spend £27 - £32K on a motor that is going to get done by a scooter becuse you won't take on the road once in a while and show some other driver what ya made of?

Or give me your S3 and you can have my 2.0T FSI as you don't need the extra 62BHP.

I'm only jestin guys but come on.... where's ya balls. Picture it, sitting at the lights, boy'd up golf next to ya, music pumpin, his mate's checkin ya ride and he's edging forward reving the engine.... straight dual lane road ahead.... what ya going to do.....

RINSE THE LITTE **** OF COURSE..... if this was not in your head take the S3 back.

:salute:

EAGLE79 said:
Here here freddiedog,

Guys you have an S3 and you are all driving around like Miss Daisy. Give the jam jar back and get yourselves a volvo and a flat cap, would not suprise me if you've all had a tow bar fitted or bike rack!. If you don't like driving fast or having some fun then why spend £27 - £32K on a motor that is going to get done by a scooter becuse you won't take on the road once in a while and show some other driver what ya made of?

Or give me your S3 and you can have my 2.0T FSI as you don't need the extra 62BHP.

I'm only jestin guys but come on.... where's ya balls. Picture it, sitting at the lights, boy'd up golf next to ya, music pumpin, his mate's checkin ya ride and he's edging forward reving the engine.... straight dual lane road ahead.... what ya going to do.....

RINSE THE LITTE **** OF COURSE..... if this was not in your head take the S3 back.

:salute:

Well said!

Racing has to be left to the track? Why? Driving fast from lights on a dual carriageway isn't the most dangerous thing you can do!

EAGLE79 said:
Give the jam jar back and get yourselves a volvo and a flat cap, would not suprise me if you've all had a tow bar fitted or bike rack!.Or give me your S3 and you can have my 2.0T FSI as you don't need the extra 62BHP.

You sound about 12...

EAGLE79 said:
where's ya balls. Picture it, sitting at the lights, boy'd up golf next to ya, music pumpin, his mate's checkin ya ride and he's edging forward reving the engine.... straight dual lane road ahead.... what ya going to do.....

sit back and let him fry his clutch.

Racing from the lights is for kids, chavy boys, muppets and twats.
Im not talking about the danger element either.
Im just talking about the general muppetry of the whole "edging forward reving the engine" type stuff. Maybe when your old enough to drive you may learn that there are plenty of ways to enjoy your motor without all this boy racer ********... LOL dont even know why Im bothering with this as 90% of the this thread pure ******** anyway...

What's life if it isn't for enjoying yourself? Hey if you get your thrills from other things then fine. But this thread is aimed towards people who do like to enjoy their cars but racing a little. Yes we know it can be a bit dangerous but we're not stupid. I like to put my foot down sometimes, I like to show to the chavs that their cars are essentially crap, but I've never crashed or even touched another car and I intend to keep that record so I will always check it's "safe" to boot it.

I don't think there's any need to say we're not old enough to drive. Comments like that often offend.

This Saturday i will take my S3 to a drag racing event for the first time. I'll keep you posted.

Wish me luck :)

silver75 said:

******, I'm not a kid (as I'm 35)...certainly not a chav...must make me a muppet or a **** then!!! :) Probably both.

But I have to be honest, I love a good sprint from the lights. I'll race anything. Bring it on I say. You vary your launch style according to the car you are up against. But you do have to be prepared for defeat as well as victory, as it does happen sometimes.

Like Staz, its good to show the chavs what the car can do. Likewise, its also fun not racing them, and letting them burn off, yet you are just slowly moving away.

Personally, I like racing faster cars, mainly because I love seeing someone really open a car up, use it like it was built for. And in that instance its good getting thrashed, seeing the other car burn off into the distance. I always give someone the thumbs up too if beaten, as a sign of well done. ;)

But each to their own.

AL

Sorry Silver75, I think you may be lost, this is Audi SPORT, not Audi grandma.

silver75 said:
You sound about 12...

sit back and let him fry his clutch.

Im not talking about the danger element either.
Im just talking about the general muppetry of the whole "edging forward reving the engine" type stuff. Maybe when your old enough to drive you may learn that there are plenty of ways to enjoy your motor without all this boy racer ********... LOL dont even know why Im bothering with this as 90% of the this thread pure ******** anyway...

Dude each to their own but I must be a well off 12 year old to own a 25K motor.

Now back to the whole point of the thread and not being a child and throwing personal insults at each other.

What is the point of having a fully loaded 262BHP sports audi then? As freedie dog stated you might as well just have a 1.6 A3?

I appreciate my car every day when i drive it, whether its slow or fast, or when I spend ages on a sat cleaning and polishing it (depending on whether I'm not grounded by my mum). But also I like to see what my car can do and have some fun with other blokes who are like minded. If my friend you don't like using the car that you spent a fortune on to the best of it abilities once in a while then why comment in this thread? If its not for you then don't comment.

Anyway your car looks nice dude but its been modified hasn't it? Lowered/ rims etc..... isn't that what chavs do/ or is that just cool adult modifying? Not having a go at you mate but most boy racer cars are lowered with big rims etc..... where is the line drawn?

Every person has a different take on whats chav or boy racer like. I don't see have a quick drag race away from the lights every once in a while chav or boy racer ish and I'm afraid my friend those years are long behind me. I think you need to be objective in these threads or there is no point

PS - This is also a Audi A3 8P forum and you appear to have an earlier model so how about you take ya insults to the correct forum. Cheers

If anyone would like to comment on the original thread title question and not insult people please carry on for freddiedog.

Apologises for any offence caused. :icon_thumright:

Had a bit of fun with a skyline GT on Sunday coming back from Cornwall on the A38 my god those things are fast :jump:
I Knew he would be quicker but thought i'd give it a go. As soon as the car in front pulled over a gave it some beans. He was right up my chuff eventually I pulled over and let him past just before it went back to single carriageway all good fun big thumbs up from each of us so he obviously respected the S3.

Great drive back from Cornwall and I have to say compared to my old TT the overtaking ability of the S3 is truly astonishing - I LOVE IT!!!

staz1000 said:
I don't think there's any need to say we're not old enough to drive. Comments like that often offend..

maybe i shouldnt written that, but on the other hand if anyone is offended by that comment then maybe the internet isnt for you.

AL_B said:
But each to their own..

exactly.. and im sick of muppets trying to race me all the time.

Freddiedog said:
Sorry Silver75, I think you may be lost, this is Audi SPORT, not Audi grandma.

lol.... and you have been here how long? jog on.

EAGLE79 said:
...have some fun with other blokes who are like minded..

lol...not saying a word :)

EAGLE79 said:
...Anyway your car looks nice dude but its been modified hasn't it? Lowered/ rims etc..... isn't that what chavs do..

yep... but who is a chav and who isnt? Who can say, imo the fella driving like a **** in the SL yesterday and the guy driving like a **** in the 330i the day before were imo just as much chavs as a guy in a Nova.

EAGLE79 said:
... - This is also a Audi A3 8P forum and you appear to have an earlier model so how about you take ya insults to the correct forum. Cheers..

..this is a forum on the internet mate, I post where I want. Cheers

'Jog On'? After market wheels, lowered suspension? I think we may be dealing with a 'Chav' who's in denial here. It's OK to admit it mate, we're all friends here, we won't hold it against you.

Well firstly Silver75 I'd like to thank you for the helpfull comments you've put on here and the good vibe you've cast across the thread.

Also as for trying to imply that I'm gay when I'm obviously talking about racing cars means you have some issues and thoughts in that direction, after all I'm not the one with the lack of testosterone who won't have a race once in while. How is your poodle called fifi and ya man bag?

Now if you have nothing constructive to say or any thing directly in relation to this thread please stop commenting and let the people who are interested in seeing how their cars stack up have an input.

Can we put all this to bed now like adults? No more personal comments...

PS - Remember only girls try to get the last word in.

Saw an S3 and old shape R32 having a race off the lights today, the S3 was pulling about one car length away, between every gear change.

EAGLE79 said:
Well firstly Silver75 I'd like to thank you for the helpfull comments you've put on here and the good vibe you've cast across the thread.

Also as for trying to imply that I'm gay when I'm obviously talking about racing cars means you have some issues and thoughts in that direction, after all I'm not the one with the lack of testosterone who won't have a race once in while. How is your poodle called fifi and ya man bag?

Now if you have nothing constructive to say or any thing directly in relation to this thread please stop commenting and let the people who are interested in seeing how their cars stack up have an input.

Can we put all this to bed now like adults? No more personal comments...

PS - Remember only girls try to get the last word in.

119101EKMJ_w.jpg

get off.

Read back over the thread mate who was the first to start making comments about volvos and flat caps? As for the rest of your post about poodles and man bags... WTF??

Is it lady week sir, decorators in? Get ya self some chocolate, shut up, sit down and wind ya neck back in.

Dude i was having a little tongue in cheek humour with the general people in the thread and not singling people out un-like your good self

Thats the last thing I'm going to say about all this as its tiresome and childish and I've lowered myself. Sorry all A-S.net members, I shall make my comments in the future more constructive.

Silver I think you're offending quite a few people here. This may be the internet but it's also an adult forum on the internet. You may be able to post where you want but that doesn't make it right does it? If some 18 year old fiesta driver came on and said your car was crap and he could beat it any day yada yada yada I doubt you'd be very happy. But then it's the internet and he can post wherever he likes so jog on.

hehehehe i think its great, first day back for today after a lllooooonnnnggg weekend off, great read :slap:

Ha ha come in knackered from work and read this....

From having fun in a S3, to road racing, to allegations of homosexuality!!!

Love it!

How diverse is this forum!

Anyway I enjoy my car, I use the power in the right places.

I don't want look like a knob at traffic lights roaring off to people walking by because lets all be honest thats what it looks like! Plus why would someone want to prematurely wear out their clutch and gearbox out on a 30 grand car doing this is beyond me! This is souped up Nova, Corsa and Saxo bahaviour, what is there to prove in a S3? Everyone knows its quick and was made like that.

Like Iv'e said before we all could be the best drivers in the world and just because we haven't had a accident before does not mean we will never have one. What if some plank walks accross the road with their ipod blaring in their ears at the time of the traffic light grand prix and does not hear the revving engines? I'm sure the drivers will be concentrating on the lights changing and getting a further inch forward than the other car to notice.....all this for what.....?

Jam S3, I agree, power in the right places and I don't agree with taking every journey like a race but a little fun every now and then :o.k:

Glad to have put a smile on your face and silver75 no hard feeings.

On the flip to your comment about 'everyone know's about the S3' i agree and thats why you bought it, so why drive it like a 1.0 Panda? I'm sure you actually travel around a lot quicker than most drivers but due to the quality of the car and its set up you do not notice? I know I corner faster now in my A3 than I did in my old car and its not intentional, its just because the car handles better...

Would you not agree?

EAGLE79

Thats probably true! Don't get me wrong I poke mine (CAR!) up the ar*e quite often I was only referring to the traffic light grand prix aspect.

I love the feeling and surge of the acceleration it provides, becomes addictive!

Freddiedog said:
Markwiggy, what happened with the A3 3.2, was it close, or did you pull away quite comfortably?

Comfortable really, not that the 3.2 is a slouch.

Would just like to add to all the do gooders and people who never appear to have exceeded a speed limit. I have a reasonably fast car that i enjoy driving, I never drive quickly in built up areas and all my fun is had safely when road and traffic conditions allow, usually on roads with a national speed limit.

Mark

[QUOTE
Would just like to add to all the do gooders and people who never appear to have exceeded a speed limit. [/QUOTE]

Don't think anyone is claiming to be a do gooder and never exceeded the speed limit. Seems to me the arguments were over racing at the traffic lights.

Freddiedog said:
Would just like to add to all the do gooders and people who never appear to have exceeded a speed limit. I have a reasonably fast car that i enjoy driving, I never drive quickly in built up areas and all my fun is had safely when road and traffic conditions allow, usually on roads with a national speed limit.

Mark
I agree to that. Today I was behind 2 boy racers. One in a fiat stilo with a big exhaust and the other in a golf tdi. They were both going 40-50 through 30mph limit areas. That's where I hope we young chavs who can't drive differ. I don't speed through town. When there're people about I slow down. When going through a narrow street with cars either side I'm in danger of being arrested for being a curb crawler. If there was a chance someone was going to step into my path as I pull away from the lights then I wouldn't plan on doing a drag race or something!

I think those of us who like a "race" in this forum deserve to be put into a different bracket. And considering the cars we drive I would have thought that was automatic.

There's plenty of ways to stretch your cars legs without being a chav and causing grief for youself on the roads. Most people who have enough money to buy an S3 and run it know what I mean as you'll generally be that bit more mature and know how to handle the power your car has.

JamS3, no nothing further to add really, altough it was not aimed at your good self !!

I do agree though about roaring away from the lights in urban areas is not a very sensible thing to do if you read my post I do infact say '' i dont drive quickly in built up areas''.

Lets try and keep this thread on track now.

Mark