S3 pressure test

Coless3

Reaction score
Has anyone got a definitive guide on how to pressure test an audi s3 for boost leaks? Tried researching it but can't find anything definitive as don't want to blow my turbo seals or anything?

My intercooler to boost charge pipe popped off and since I put it back on I have lost a lot of power i thought this might be another boost leak unless anyone else has got any ideas as to what it might be?

Cheers

Checked for fault codes on vagcom haven't got any up.

Normally use a 'pressure' test between the top hoses on the S3 so the one coming off the charge pipe and the throttle body... this can be used to test how secure the system is across the SMIC's or FMIC if you have one and normally tested to pressures just over 1.5bar... the kit I use is something Bill made consisting of a bung with a airline fitting and another bung to seal the other end...

Trickier to do on K03 turbo'd cars as the pipework is different and more awkward to do but the smoke test kit Bill has finds pretty much any leak tbh...

You can't use a high pressure tester on the complete inlet system though (smoke tester runs to around 0.5psi) as you can blow seals and stuff plus its difficult to keep the pressure up anyway as by design it will always leak making it trickier to track down an actual leak...

<tuffty/>