1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Pedal Fitting Tool

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by A3 Sport, Jul 23, 2010.

1. A3 Sport

A3 Sport Member

[Jul 23, 2010]
    I bought some S3 / Aluminium Pedals for my A3, and came to fit them this morning. However, I could not release the pedals underneath, and the instructions show a tool that unclips them. I was just wondering if I'm right, and what the price is going to be, before I head off to Audi to buy it! :icon_thumright:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. davej_anderson

davej_anderson Member

[Jul 23, 2010]
    The clutch and brake pedal just pull off, use a large flat bladed screwdriver as they are only held on by rubber lugs
  4. A3_SSS

A3_SSS Member

[Jul 23, 2010]
    Off topic ... but how much did these pedals cost?
  5. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

[Jul 23, 2010]
    no special tool needed, just look at the lug on the new s3 one. Your original is the same so just lever it out of the carpet with a screwdriver!

Pedals cost about £115-120 for the set
  6. a3_dan

a3_dan Member

[Jul 23, 2010]
    Anyone got pics of these? when i check online, i just get cheapo ebay looking pedals...
  7. robby

robby Member

[Jul 23, 2010]
    I have a set for sale - £50 + postage :yes:

The brake and clutch covers just pull straight off, the accelerator pedal is a bit more involved, remove the plastic cover to the left of the pedal and remove the allen head bolt, prise the front of the pedal out of the carpet/floor and turn the pedal around so you can get to the wiring behind. The wiring plug can be a git to get out, push the tab down while prising the block out with a screwdriver
  8. A3 Sport

A3 Sport Member

[Jul 23, 2010]
    Okay thanks Robby.. Its the prizing the pedal off the floor that was the problem, as I dont want to damage the pedal thats currently on the floor, how did you do it? What did you use? :think: