1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 passenger seat rattle. . .

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by VAG-Slag, Sep 16, 2012.

1. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Member

So got in my car the other morning and as soon as I started her up I noticed a rather annoying rattle coming from the passenger seat, strange as I've never noticed it before, as if it literally just started.

It may sound weird but the only way I can describe is it sounds like there's a metal ruler in there :blink: it only stops if there is someone sitting in the seat or if i wind it all the way back so it's pushing against the rear bench. I'm not sure if it's related but it also seems as if there's a bit of play in the seat, as if it's loose on the runners or something.

I've had a look and there's nothing obvious to tighten + it's fecking hard to see anything under there anyway!

Anyone had this before or anyone got any ideas?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, ta
  2. Squirrelofdoom

Squirrelofdoom Member

Hi mate,

I have exactly the same problem. For me it was one of the bolts holding the chair to it's own subframe (so not the chassis, and not the runners) has sheared. Still haven't fixed mine because I haven't been able to get the seat out. As you say, it's almost impossible to fix anything with it still in the car

Cheers,
    Aran
  3. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Member

Ah, what you describe is sounding highly probable. . . Once i get the chance (and the patience to be rolling round the foot well) I'll have a little look

Thanks mate
  4. dancupra225

dancupra225 Member

I've got the same problem whole seat moves ish so going to be taken seat out and go from there ......