S3 owners under 25

value of the car, is it what we paid? cos now ive driven it away and put 200 miles on its probably knocked off a good chunk already....id honestly be happy at ~£1700

I usually put the price around what it was specc'd rather than what I paid as I got discount.

soo....i got my car on friday and when im entering the reg into insurance and comparison sites its not coming up with the car...guessing because its just going through the system but im sure its made my quotes go up and these will only be estimates as they have no reg to put it with yet..***

When this happened to me I had to get them to put A3 before S3 when they were searching models. On their systems it's A3 S3 saloon then all the other defining parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never mind, £1550 with admiral, getting a tracker fitted this week so that knocked it down £100
I'm with diamond part of admiral and paid £900 for the year on my pre facelift 22y/o driving since I was 17 with 3 years no claims but I'll change insurer when I renew probably because I think there's better prices to be had.

never mind, £1550 with admiral, getting a tracker fitted this week so that knocked it down £100
matt, im the same age, however passed my test at 17, and im paying, 620/year, whats your occupation?

Painter and decorator, maybe because I could be classed as a white van man?! Lool

Yeah, that's a really high category unfortunately.. if you can twist it all to something more in line with an "advisor" some how, then you'd be looking to save a fair few quid...

Reactions: MattSedg
Fair enough. I'll hopefully have better luck when I renew
finger crossed! although admiral are a rip off at renewal.. rarely comes in cheaper.. the often have discount available so always ask!

Reactions: James.B8
Yeah, that's a really high category unfortunately.. if you can twist it all to something more in line with an "advisor" some how, then you'd be looking to save a fair few quid...
Part of the family business so technically I'm a director if that would make any odds

finger crossed! although admiral are a rip off at renewal.. rarely comes in cheaper.. the often have discount available so always ask!
Is a firefighter a high category? Private sector for nuclear station and also emergency services. But yeah I'll have to shop around

Part of the family business so technically I'm a director if that would make any odds

Director is perfect... i'd change it over, you can also ring and get quotes, and as long as it fits your job somehow you'll be okay!

Is a firefighter a high category? Private sector for nuclear station and also emergency services. But yeah I'll have to shop around

Any "blue light" job tends to be high, due to the fact you may have to work night shifts and be tired driving the next morning etc, etc, all a load of rubbish in my opinion, but unfortunately they can get away with what they like.. if you can get away with a consultancy role at all, give it a go!

Reactions: James.B8 and MattSedg
Director is perfect... i'd change it over, you can also ring and get quotes, and as long as it fits your job somehow you'll be okay!

Any "blue light" job tends to be high, due to the fact you may have to work night shifts and be tired driving the next morning etc, etc, all a load of rubbish in my opinion, but unfortunately they can get away with what they like.. if you can get away with a consultancy role at all, give it a go!
Nice one pal, going to ring up tonight as I haven't had confirmation email yet..must be because my reg isn't showing what car it is on yet, clear that up with them and tell them about being a director blah blah haha

Ah right cheers for the info. Good to know. :)

I am 20, and my S3 sportback S tronic is on order for september. If I were to insure one now, it would be £1600 a year. By September I'll have another years no claims, who knows what it'll be, shouldn't be more, and I'm okay with 1600, so anything less is a bonus.

I am curious, are you buying the car in cash all in one, or monthly payments either HP or PCP. If paying monthly, I'd urge you to reconsider your decision. Yes, they depreciate. But if I tell you what I went through up until ordering my car it may help you somewhat...

I initially thought (contrary to yourself) that I could NOT afford a new one. So started looking at used S3's. I was adamant I wanted an 8V (obviously) and did not want to be buying a car of this nature with too many miles on it, the last thing you need is something going wrong, and hell, the previous owner probably drove it harder than he trash talks his ex, and who can blame him.

So for this you're looking around 22-25k for anything with an ounce of warranty left and less then 30k miles.

11.9% is what will kill you. Against 4.9% interest on a new car. YES you will own a new car at the steepest point of it's depreciation curve. But the used one that you want because it's depreciation has slowed down on will still be burning your money the same way depreciation does, only this time it's just to make some other guy rich, in the form of that monstrous interest rate.

If you're selfish like me, you'll get the new one. There was £10 a month difference between a used one at 25.5k and a brand new one at 36k. This was a combination of the lower interest, and the huge discounts you can get on new cars, that you'd never get on a used one in your wildest of dreams.

It is also worth noting the new one will be cheaper to insure, may have servicing thrown in with it, won't need to think about MOT any time soon, fresh brakes and tyres.

Is getting used really cheaper?