1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3 owners club

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by pure, Sep 17, 2003.

1. pure

pure Member

Does any1 know if 1 exists? I was in club gti when i had a few mk2 golfs back in the day.
  2. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I was going to suggest we had one, not sure if it wants to be S3 only, what do you want from a club?
  3. gdwood

gdwood New Member

Something along the lines of the Ford RS Owners Club would be good. I was a member a few years back; very well organised, good discount schemes, excellent club mag etc.

It would have to be exclusive to some degree to have any credibility; how about an international Audi 'S' Club, open to owners of all 'S' badged cars, past and present, containing registers for S2, S3, S4 and S8, with a special register for 'RS' badged Audis?

Go for it, Wando. Think of the kudos !!
  4. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

anyone up for helping? maybe all registered members would get different access and title on the site? I reckon it should be free though? or maybe pay and get exclusive merchandise? all ideas appreciated!
  5. gdwood

gdwood New Member

Wando,

Don't know if you've looked at the Ford RS Owners Club site, but if you haven't, you might find it useful for a few ideas:

Ford RS Owners's Club Website

You might also want to have a look at this too:

BMWCCGB

One of the things that has made the RSOC and BMWCCGB so successful over the years is the support they have got from the factory; they're virtually their official "fan clubs", and a number of dealers even give out membership literature to buyers! Maybe some enquiries with Audi AG would be in order? If we can present a good case (and, given the success over a number of years of Audi-Sport.net, there's no reason why not), I'm sure we can secure at least limited factory support for the idea; after all, Audi are always looking to compete with BMW in the prestige stakes, and it's hardly going to harm sales of their S/RS cars, is it?

One thing I would suggest, though, is not to make any new club exclusively web-based. This would risk alienating potential non-techie members. Get the balance right, and this could really take off!

G.
  6. halegavin

halegavin Member

Sounds like a good idea to me....
  7. dans3

dans3 Member

[ QUOTE ]
    gdwood said:
    Something along the lines of the Ford RS Owners Club would be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

The we'd all have to get sunstrips, loud exhausts, big spoilers and lose a few brain cells /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'd also have to invest in a new wardrobe, buy a load of Ben Sherman shirts and a couple of caps specifically made to wear backwards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

8. pure

pure Member

ClubGTi for the VeeDubs was good, used to get a club magazine every other month, would feature members rides, sales, special offeres, advise, track day events, meets etc etc...

When you joined you got a ClubGti sticker, Usually when i was driving around, if you saw a gti with a club sticker in it you would know the car had been looked after.

9. gdwood

gdwood New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    dans3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    gdwood said:
    Something along the lines of the Ford RS Owners Club would be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

The we'd all have to get sunstrips, loud exhausts, big spoilers and lose a few brain cells /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'd also have to invest in a new wardrobe, buy a load of Ben Sherman shirts and a couple of caps specifically made to wear backwards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid you're getting the RSOC confused with the Max Power brigade, my friend.

A lot of RSOC members were old farts like me, running pristine concours cars, and would have run a mile at the sight of Ben Sherman /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  10. halegavin

halegavin Member

Ive been putting together the Mustang Owners Club Of GB mag for a while know. My boss is club president (I think) Its a lot of hard work! The amount of MS Word files I get sent. Try imposing and printing a 50 page mag from word. lol two words. GET QUARK