1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 outside door trim hanging off

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by northern monkey, Aug 2, 2010.

1. northern monkey

northern monkey Member

[Aug 2, 2010]
    Can anyone please help me?
    I've had my S3 now for 2 months. When I first bought the car all the ones I test drove had the outside door trim slightly unattached to the door at the open end of the door. I thought this must be a common problem and probably an easy fix.
    After cleaning the car a few times and briefly inspecting said piece of trim I can't work out how to fix it. It appears that there is a long piece of white plastic that runs the whole length of the door. There are pins that are part of this that go through hole in the door attaching the piece to the door. I can't work out how grey rubber trim is attached to the fixing strip. But suffice to say that one end is no longer attached on both door.
    As it is the summer driving with the window down is slightly annoying as I can hear it rattle and whistle as I go down the road.
    Can someone please assist me in how to fix this? Without taking it to Audi!! I feel I should be more than capable of taking a piece of trim of and re-attaching.

Graeme
  2. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

[Aug 2, 2010]
    I've had this problem - I bonded it back on. Masked up for 24 hours. Job done.
  3. S3 Rav

S3 Rav Well-Known Member

[Aug 2, 2010]
    What did you use to bond it welly. As. I understand the oem part from audis like £70 odd!!
  4. Welly

Welly VX220 SC Driver :)

[Aug 2, 2010]
    Just some good old fashioned 'Sticks Like ****' matey. Great stuff. Make sure you leave it to cure properly though.
  5. Greggers

Greggers Member

[Aug 2, 2010]
    I'm abroad working at the mo and left my S3 - with the same problem - with my old man.
    He's been down and had it fixed...you could pop round and drop it off if you like!