Flat Bottom MF S/wheel
Satnav
Bluetooth (Centre Armrest)
Bose Sound System
Rear Parking Sensors
Interior Light Pack
Chrome Trim
Non-smoking pack

Wanted it for March 08 delivery, and have been told its currently on week 8 build.

Can't wait!! and have been reading all your thoughts on your own S3 purchases, and all seem to be good.:thumbsup:

Got rid of the 2.0T, so just driving araound in an A3 '52 Reg' 1.9 TDi Auto until March!!

L33TAY said:
Hi all

I've finally taken the plunge and ordered the S3!:icon_thumright:

Spec as follows:

Phantom Black
Bucket Seats
Flat Bottom MF S/wheel
Satnav
Bluetooth (Centre Armrest)
Bose Sound System
Rear Parking Sensors
Interior Light Pack
Chrome Trim
Non-smoking pack

Wanted it for March 08 delivery, and have been told its currently on week 8 build.

Can't wait!! and have been reading all your thoughts on your own S3 purchases, and all seem to be good.:thumbsup:

Got rid of the 2.0T, so just driving araound in an A3 '52 Reg' 1.9 TDi Auto until March!!

Very nice spec mate! The buckets and flat bottomed steering wheel really makes it feel very special inside.

You are going to totally love the car! Enjoy!

Yes, it will be a long wait till March!!

Oh, forgot, it also has folding mirrors and light/rain sensors. Doh

Would love to get it remapped, and get wheel spacers fitted when i get it, that is the only changes I would make me thinks.

L33TAY said:
I've finally taken the plunge and ordered the S3!:icon_thumright:

Kick back and wait, you will enjoy :thumbsup:

Good colour choice too :o.k: another stealth bomber!!:icon_thumright:

L33TAY said:
Yes, it will be a long wait till March!!

Oh, forgot, it also has folding mirrors and light/rain sensors. Doh

Would love to get it remapped, and get wheel spacers fitted when i get it, that is the only changes I would make me thinks.

Its up2 u. I would

remap
coilovers
spacers
tints

then it will look :hubbahubba:

N8KOW said:
Its up2 u. I would

remap
coilovers
spacers
tints

then it will look :hubbahubba:

Yeah I have a map ready for mine when it arrives, tempted by the wheel spacers. Would like coilovers but I don't really like to mess about with brand new cars. And tints for sure. Nothing too mad, just to set it apart a little

Would liken to get the coilovers done, thinK 'Madalex' had them!

How much do these cost?? Has anyone had them done that knows?

Also I'm in the Stockport/Manchester area, so somewhere local would be good, might try 'Awesome GTI' ??

Think DPM does the spaces from what I rememnber from previous posts.

And yes, you are right, it would look :hubbahubba: lowered too.

Well done lee. Get a set of KW V2s or Bilstein PSS10s. I'm in the warrington area so you'll have to take me out for a blast once you've got it and its remapped! Awesome is probably the best place. I can probably get you a good deal on the spacers :icon_thumright:

N8KOW, no probs, when its all done I'll take you for a spin if i'm in the area!

Won't get the remap done till its run in though, also this GIAC remap looks pretty good from what I have read on here, again though, not sure where round my way does it?

Let me know what you can do on the spacers, think the general consensus is 15 or 20mm on the back, and 10mm on the front.

Cheers

Lee

Excuse my ignorance here, but whats benefit on the wheel spacers?

I've seen them mentioned in a few threads but Havn't got a clue? Is this for upsizing to 19" or is it also for the stock S3 wheels?

Spacers push the wheels out and make the wheels fill the arches more making the cars stance look more aggressive.

BEWARE though most people fit 10mm on the front and 15mm on the rear however on the new S3 10mm on the front is fine but 15mm on the rear causes the wheel to rub on the arches when pressing on over bumpy country roads, it worse when people are sat in the rear.

Iv'e just lowered mine with H + R springs and I have had to put the 15mm ones on the front and the 10mm on the rear which has solved the problem!

I would suggest 8mm on the front and 10mm on the rear if you or anyone with a new S3 is wanting to go the spacer route.

3 other questions on these spacers then :think:

1. Does it put more strain on the wheel bearings?
2. Are they ok with Audi Warranty?
3. Where would i get them?

Ta again.

JAM, I thought it was you that had had them fitted to yours, and have to agree totally, they make teh car!

Thanks for the info.

Just out of interest, how much have you lowered the car by, and what sort of price are the springs?

Cheers

Lee

JamS3 said:
Spacers push the wheels out and make the wheels fill the arches more making the cars stance look more aggressive.

BEWARE though most people fit 10mm on the front and 15mm on the rear however on the new S3 10mm on the front is fine but 15mm on the rear causes the wheel to rub on the arches when pressing on over bumpy country roads, it worse when people are sat in the rear.

Iv'e just lowered mine with H + R springs and I have had to put the 15mm ones on the front and the 10mm on the rear which has solved the problem!

I would suggest 8mm on the front and 10mm on the rear if you or anyone with a new S3 is wanting to go the spacer route.

Any chance of a pic or two please Jam from front and rear to show the effect of the spacers?

Will do mate, however will be tomorrow as the weather is crap and its dark!

However thinking on I'm sure I did a few pics in some of my previous posts so if you have a search on my profile on previous posts you might find them.

I used H + R springs, lowered further by about 20-25mm, looks the nuts now!
£189 delivered from DPM on this site.

This is one from a while ago, this is the 10mm spacer.

The car is NOT lowered here.

DSC00916.jpg

JimmyJames said:
3 other questions on these spacers then :think:

1. Does it put more strain on the wheel bearings?
2. Are they ok with Audi Warranty?
3. Where would i get them?

Ta again.

1) Yes it does -and driveshafts and CV joints - metal bolted onto softer metal with longer bolts is never a good idea IMO
2) Depends what goes wrong
3) Any after market retailer - Audi will not sell them

Many thanks Jam, but if you can sort some front/rear ones that'd be great.