1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 on the Juice

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Azizur_Rahman, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Azizur_Rahman

Azizur_Rahman Member

Guys, im going to borrow my brothers S3 in a weeks time, and im wondering how much petrol it drinks?

whats the average mpg i will be seing whilst driving like a granny and also having some fun.
  2. Pii

Pii Member

3. PaulAr

PaulAr S3 (8P)

Spirited driving: 20ish mpg
    Mixed driving around town etc: 25ish mpg
    Taking is easy/MWay miles; 30+ mpg

Depends also on whether it has been tuned.

Not the most frugal of cars but not as thirsty as fast 4wd ricers such as EVOs etc.

BTW, always use V Power/TESCO 99 if you can.

Cheers
    Paul
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  4. dave_ph

dave_ph Member

even doing 60-65 on the motorway i only got 32mpg out of mine. my average is 22mpg. lil disappointed with the fuel consumption but meh, cant do much about it.
  5. tku

tku Member

Normal combined average about 26mpg for me..30ish for Mways and spirited driving about 10 to the gallon. Definitely a thirsty car though no matter what people say!! The amount of times I have to go fill up beggars belief. And yes you can get decent mpg but you gotta drive like a oap.
  6. Keith_S3

Keith_S3 Member

I can see as high as 36 mpg but average since owning the car is 25-26, that's with revo stage 1 and always run on v power, and i must say its a lot better than my last s3 1.8t