1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 on ebay

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_velcrobix, Nov 18, 2005.

1. imported_velcrobix

imported_velcrobix Guest

Just come across this on ebay...linky

Whats this guy on about??.... Where did he get 400bhp from! He writes as if 400bhp is a common occurance for an s3 to be tuned to.

Not sure about his grammer either...
  2. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

He's not saying it's got 400bhp, he's making the point it hasn't been tuned!

But yeah, grammar's not too hot...
  3. imported_velcrobix

imported_velcrobix Guest

I know he's not saying its got 400 bhp!!
    The point i was making is why choose the figure of 400bhp??? How many S3's do you know with that much power....i'm not aware of that many.
  4. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

Mines 360 at it's completely max'd out,even the mtm demo was 376.Definetly need rods and valves going for 400bhp and a re-bore with pistons if you want decent response.
  5. Timbo

Timbo Slowest car ever round the Top Gear track?!?

[ QUOTE ]
    I know he's not saying its got 400 bhp!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry!! Misread you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I've got an old copy of Track & Race Cars with an article about 1.8T tuning. They say a Sportec double injection system with 8 injectors, engine bored out to 2L, big turbo, new manifolds, big throttle body, strengthened crank, rods, rod bearings, forged pistons, new cams, ported inlets and various other bits and bobs will see 460bhp and 383lb ft. All for the bargain price of £32,575 fitted!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Back to the original point, I think the seller is just plucking figures from thin air. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  6. fasteddie

fasteddie Member

[ QUOTE ]
    £32,575 fitted!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

how much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
  7. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

and AmD will do it for you in only 4 weeks or something like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
  8. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    and AmD will do it for you in only 4 weeks or something like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you considered it GTQ, when your enging was in bits at AmD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
  9. imported_velcrobix

imported_velcrobix Guest

Here is the link to the amd page... Stage 6

Yep...£32,500 !!!
    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Take a look at the RS6 tuning at AMD...For slightly less (about £29,000) it will take an Rs6 up 600BHP!!!
  10. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

or for £12k you could just buy a 600bhp skyline.
  11. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

To be honest I don't even believe the car exists, lool. Honestly some of these guys are soo shifty and complet fakes. I nearly gave £700 to some Twat who wanted to sell me a "brand new Milltek sport cat" on ebay, turns out though he doesn't have Jack, so watch where u put your money. I was lucky
  12. imported_ZeroK66

imported_ZeroK66 Guest

What a twat... wouldnt buy that car simply because of his attitude!