S3 OIL PRESSURE HELP

brm180

Reaction score
Folks,

looking for some help. A friend of mine replaced the breather pipes on my AMK S3 as some of them had collapsed. He removed the hoses and I purchased new silicone ones (pcv hose, turbo intake pipe, main intake pipe and a few other small ones. Also replaced was wishbones, ball joints etc. Car went for MOT which failed on emissions so garage fitted new cat and it passed first time. After collecting car and driving home the oil pressure light comes on...Back to garage the following day where the pressure test engine and oil pressure is very good and all is well, they fit new oil pressure switch as a precaution and test car again, all ok. I pick car up and drive home and it is ok. Took the car out today and the oil pressure symbol and beep comes on again. Any ideas. Could the silicone breather hoses be fitted incorrectly ie mated up to the wrong hose, I cant see the original puk valve ? but it may be under the main intake pipe...any help appreciated...

brm180

Had a look with a torch and I cant see the puc (hockey) valve , is it possible to install thee hoses wrong as there was no low oil pressure warning prior to the hoses being fitted...

brm180

Spoke to a friend whose garage was used when the hoses were installed and he had a search and found the puc valve....duh....could this cause low oil pressure if it wasn't fitted...also I have taken some pics which I will upload to see if anyone cane see anything else that is obviously installed wrong...
Lesson learned.....do it yourself and fit the new hoses as you remove the old ones, don't assume ah extra bits I wont need them, finally get an decent garage or someone who knows what they are doing to carry out the work....

Upload 2017 3 26 19 52 10

anything obvious

Put the hockey puck back on it's baffled inside which might build the oil pressure

Folks,

Is there a schematic drawing that shows which breather hose goes where and also where the hockey puck valve should be...I'm looking at pics on google images of s3 engine bays which isn't ideal.....also what is the purpose of the hockey puck valve...

thanks