1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Newbie audio question

boblester40 Sep 14, 2007

1. boblester40

boblester40 New Member

Hi...
    Hopefully will be purchasing a sprint blue S3 this weekend and it is fitted with the standard cd player / radio, what is the best option for £500 to get some good sound , I all ready have a 12" alpine sub and amp so I am thinking a double din aftermarket head unit but what about the speakers are the standards OK ? can they be changed easy enough ? also the steering wheel controls can any aftermarkets take signals from them with an adapter?

sorry for all the questions

thanks in advance
    bob

2. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

mate your buying a S3 leave it standard, dont put aftermarket headunit

put in a RNSE which has sat nav,

3. boblester40

boblester40 New Member

Rick..
    Thanks for this Q how much and where from ? what do they sound like are they better than the factory standard.

Regards
    bob

4. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

theres a thread on here somwhere

but for £500 you can have a very nice sat nav system, i have no idea what the sound is like in the new S3 as a poor little man with a old S3 lol :)

but you can always buy me a new S3 to practice on :)

5. boblester40

boblester40 New Member

Thanks rick, dont worry after this weekend I will be a poor man , but with an new S3 which is one compensation , I will have to do some research because you can get a pioneer sat nav double din from the states at the mo with the exchange rate just depends on the wiring.

Thanks for the help

6. Shao_khan

Shao_khan Member

You can always purchase my Grey S3 which has BOSE - not the ultimate in sound - but sure helps ;)