S3 new tyres which rubber

• Thread starter imported_fingermouse
  • Start date
I

imported_fingermouse

ok im looking into a set of RS4 reps at leigh tyres but they come with federals, I can upgrade to toyos for £100. Ive asked how much f1`s or avon zz3`s will be as well.

any suggestions on the above do`s or donts.

also thinking of getting the OEM center caps has anyone fitted these to the leigh reps ????

federals are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif and will wear quicker.

go for the toyos without a doubt!

better grip and durability

you will end up paying in the end!

I have got ZZ3s on my 18s and not bad tyre

F!s are superb tyres.

personally I really rate toyos as excellent wet weather grip and we do live in a wet country after all!!

ok i know avon zz3 are wear index 240 anyone know what toyo T1-s are ???? or the rating of the F1`s it looks like either toyos or avons as my funds are a little low with the remap on its way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ah remap!

now you are talking ;-)

money well spent.
go to AMD!!!

given choice of avons or toyos then go toyos mate

but ive heard the toyos wear out really quick ???? i know the avons are hard wearing. Im down for the GB on here so new wheels, more performace just suspension to tweek then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

toyos will not wear out any quicker that the ZZ3s.

My ZZ3s have been on about 10000 miles and must be half worn if not abit more so are ok

but the car has not been tracked and not really driven too hard so your call really.

I guess you pays your way with tyres.

NLW

zz3 are 240 and t1s and t1r 280. but everyone is saying that toyos wear out quicker, but the rating says they are harder wearing. i also have zz3 they have done 10k and still have 6mm left all round, does anyone have toyo's with 10k on there backs? how much tread is left on them?

The wife has toyos on her golf gti 16v, been on there a year and about 8,000 miles, they look like they will not last much more than another year. They replaced yoko's that had been on for six years and about 30,000 miles

I've got Michellin Pilot Sport 2's on mine and I think they're better than any other tyre I've ever used (apart from maybe the Bridgestone Potenza S02's that lasted less than 6k miles).
They're much better than the Toyos in my opinion. Not tried F1's, so cannot comment on those.