1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 neuspeed cai

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Adamj, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Adamj

Adamj Member

Hi guys its my first audi so I kinda new to the vag scene, been a vauxhall boy and I must say I will never be going back. I'm looking to install a neuspeed cai to m 2007 s3. Will I see any sport of gains when fitted? It's a standard car
  2. mjr901

mjr901 S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

All CAI have similar gains, most of it is sharpened throttle response + darth vader noises from glove box

heres mine http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...454-p-flo-fitted-some-pics-inside-fitted.html
  3. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

From stock,you won't get big gains,but when you remap the car,you need the CAI,as the stock airbox and induction piping limit ariflow significantly.
  4. S3 Es

S3 Es Member

Is this really the case as others on this forum would have you beleive there is no need as the OEM airbox is totally capable at most some have said to smooth out the inside of the original airbox and us green cotton filter???
  5. Reload

Reload Bird is the Word!

Maybe on the 8L Models, but the 8P definitely needs an intake to properly exploit the engine potential
    At stage 1 you'll be okay with standard, anything above will require an intake
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  6. essIII

essIII Active Member

I'm not sure I've heard anyone describe the OEM airbox on an 8P S3 as 'totally capable', when talking about remapped cars. I ran the OEM box with a stage 1 map as I think lots of people have, but it is pretty well accepted that to go beyond that a Cold Air Intake is a very good idea\necessary.
  7. Boydie

Boydie Boycie

8. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Active Member Site Sponsor

I always advise to get a CAI even st stage 1. Personally I think the Neuspeed is more than capable. especially for stage 1/2/3.
  9. Boydie

Boydie Boycie

It is a good intake but there are better. In the scale of things I would put it at the bottom along with the twintake.
  10. S3 Es

S3 Es Member

Possibly as it is an 8L that I have, though you'd think the engines not being worlds apart that the need for an aftermarket CAI would be similar.
  11. Reload

Reload Bird is the Word!

If your S3 is a 2007 its an 8P. The 8L model was only produced until 2002 (I think, maybe 2003)
  12. phil76

phil76 Member

Proofs in the pudding mate,they always make extra power as mentioned especially with a remap ,plus standard airbox wont allow the car to rev freely in the higher rev range put a mapped car back on a standard airbox or vice-versa and the gains are night and day,also agree with not thinking much of the neuspeed one either,evoms,vf engineering or ITG seem to be the common ones around the vag scene from people and know and cars i have seen
  13. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

I may well do the same,but I have to say in the ITG's defence,that it's been good enough for 500+bhp.
    Boydie likes this.
  14. GNJ_Motorsport

Fair enough everyone takes their choice, I have had the ITG on my S3 and that was great and I have the Neuspeed on my current GTI and that is also a good bit of kit.

I'm not 100% convinced by the NEED for a bigger bore pipe before the MAF, I think a lot of companies bend the the results and attempt to blind people with Science in an effort to persuade them to spend £400 on what is essentially a pipe with a filter on the end.

We are developing an intake in the new year as I feel there is a gap for a more reasonably priced kit with the option of different colour hoses and options. We will thoroughly test it and if I find there are huge benefits to a bigger bore pipe before the MAF I am big enough to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.

I'm sure I won't be thanked by people in the industry for airing that view but never mind.
  15. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

I can see what you're getting at there,and in theory at least,maximum flow will be determined by the narrowest part of the system,as well as the point(s) at which turbulent air flow ensues.
    The points at which bends in the system are placed,and how much attention is paid to smoothing those,plus any narrowings(such as large bore pipes prior to the MAF as you mention),will also be important,but you either go for trial and error,or CFD studies to get that right.
  16. GNJ_Motorsport

I think it will be more worthwhile for something like your car mate when running huge power, as every last bit of air you can get through helps but for 'normal' stage tuned cars I am sceptical. I will test them though for sure. We will see I guess! For now though the Neuspeed is working brilliantly on our GTI.
  17. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

I think you're right on that,as it gets to the point where if everything isn't right,then the whole thing may not work as well as it could....I also agree that the Neuspeed seems to work well,and gets good press from the US users.
  18. Lukus87

Lukus87 New Member

Im planning on an intake in the new year, i was looking at the Neuspeed as it looks good value for money and get good press from the US guys, but i think i'll wait and see what you guys come up with, Keep us informed!!
  19. Adamj

Adamj Member

I got the neuspeed from graeme at gnj Motorsport, top guy will be getting alot from him in the future , the cai was a doddle to fit, but was worth it. a little improvement from stock, and I have darth vader under my bonnet ;)
  20. GNJ_Motorsport

Will do mate, I have a lot on with us moving to our first unit but I am going to try and get the project sorted before spring.

If not the Neuspeed is a great option as Adam says :)
  21. S3 syc

S3 syc Member

Il also keep my eye on this I'm in the market for a intake had my heart set on the forge twintake but looking further into it it does seem to get mixed reviews.
  22. RedDejavu

RedDejavu Well-Known Member

For me it was too harsh with dry noise like something was grinding rather than breathing/sucking. It must be down to the dry filter they use as the one I've got now is very soft and smooth very pleasant to hear too.
  23. Boydie

Boydie Boycie

Personally I would either look at ITG or Revo.

Timing pull was very high with a golf my mechanic was working on with the twintake, his cupra came with a neuspeed I think which he doesn't rate.