S3 needs a service after 4000 miles!

normski

Reaction score
My S3 is teling me it needs its first service at 4,400 miles....and I haven't even been over 70!

normski said:
My S3 is teling me it needs its first service at 4,400 miles....and I haven't even been over 70!

WTF! I've been ragging the **** off mine, done 2700 miles and it says 18k to go!.

I've been doing the same and it hasn't even touched a drop of oil yet...the dealer say it is a mistake and the computer must have a problem...you're telling me!

Mine has done 7k now mate no oil consumption at all and it will need its first service around 10 - 11k according to the DIS.

Yup, zero oil consumption here too, 2700 miles.

When I got my A3 2.0FSI (from new) it drank oil like it was going out of fashion! a litre every 1000miles!! Until about 7 or 8k when it calmed down.

Im just over 9000 and says ive got another 4000 to go... as for the oil... :think: i better go check that...

Same here, mine is with 7k (miles) and no oil comsumption at all (pleased with that!!) my service, acording to DIS is to be done at 15k.... (it will be the first service) I keep checking oil level and so far nothing to report.

Average fuel consumption from 0 km (on computer 2 which I never reset) is 12.8L/100Km (do not know in mph...) Average fuel consumption now is 11L/100Km

Pedro

My DIS after the first week showed needing a service around 4K, now at just under 5K it shows service needed at 18K in 370 days.

Engine has not used one drop of oil. Strange really 'cus am ragging it every chance I get :meeting: ho hum... This is much better then my last S3 for sure which needed 1/2 litre of oil at this point.

I suspect is just a running in thing, best wait a few months then look again, anyway are you not sure you should be booting it and not worrying about the DIS readout...? :)

This maybe a stupid question, but can someone tell me how I can see how long I have until my next service. The thread states that you can see this in the DIS - I cant seem to find how to get it to give me the info ?!?!?

Thanks in advance for answering my dumb question

Instructions are in your manual and fairly simple to operate.

Mines a year old Dec and only done 3,500 miles - no oil consumption as yet and service at 15K.