1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Mud and Snow Tyres

Tonka Feb 2, 2010

1. Tonka

Tonka New Member

Hi,

I have an My02 S2, with stock 17" alloys, I am looking to fit some M&S tyres, has anyone got any recommendations on make and optimal size of tyre for this application? I live in the NE of Scotland - where its often snowy in winter, so big fat tyres not a good thing.

Tonka

2. JS1500

JS1500 Howdy

I bought my S3 from AutoCentre Inverurie dontcha know.

I am thinking of getting a set of 17" Avus and some mud & snow tyres for next winter, so would be interested to know which tyres are best too...

3. David_1

David_1 New Member

I have the Continental ContiWinterContact TS 830s on 16" rims and am very happy with them. I don't have any other winter tyres to compare them against, though.

4. Keeno

Keeno Spooly Spooly Boosty Boosty!

Would a set of chains not be more convienient?

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

I have Yokohama Ice Guard IG721 on my Avus's and they are brilliant... they don't make them now though sadly but I used them throughout the last bit of snow we had and the grip and confidence they give is night and day different...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mine are 225/45/17 and even in 6 inches of untouched snow (works carpark) they just dig in and you go forward....

Think these are the near equiv these days....

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/ig20.aspx

<tuffty/>