S3 - MTC Intake Kit in White

A bit of a thread resurrection
I've done approx 400 miles with my mtc intake and checked my fuel trims today.
Idle one -.80 the other one +9.4
Car runs great but wondered if anyone had any thoughts to this.

haven't checked mine in ages. Will check it when I get a minute.

Car pulls amazing now, best intake on the market that for sure, what i notice is that the lower end is much better than with any other intake I previously owned, car really wants to go with no hesitation or sluggishness.

A bit of a thread resurrection
I've done approx 400 miles with my mtc intake and checked my fuel trims today.
Idle one -.80 the other one +9.4
Car runs great but wondered if anyone had any thoughts to this.

My idle is also -.80/exactly 0.00. LT trims show +10.9

That's after about 6,000 miles of driving I'd say.

The + means its lean rather than rich so obviously it flows very well it's just the maf scaling isn't a correct.
Car runs fine with no warning lights so I'm sure it'll be fine.
Out of all the intakes I've tried on previous tfsi's this one has to be the easiest to live with.

Only way to fix it is buy another intake.
It's not a problem with the car it's the intakes.

Yes i understand its the intake, i just thought there might be a way to try correct it a bit.

and i would of loved the revo or AS intake but this being less than half the price cant realy go too wrong lol xD

I'd read threads somewhere to space the airflow meter out using shims can help.
I'm not to bothered as my car runs great and considering the forge twintake I had on my last tfsi was nearly +20 it'll be fine.

I'd read threads somewhere to space the airflow meter out using shims can help.
I'm not to bothered as my car runs great and considering the forge twintake I had on my last tfsi was nearly +20 it'll be fine.

How can you actually check? i do have VCDS just very noobie at using it.

Im running the Revo Ceramic intake. At the time of buying it was the highest performer on the market (beating the ITG). I will admit though I didnt research that part but I most definitely notice a difference. Bit noisy though! And pricey....

Im running the Revo Ceramic intake. At the time of buying it was the highest performer on the market (beating the ITG). I will admit though I didnt research that part but I most definitely notice a difference. Bit noisy though! And pricey....

I'd agree, it's brilliant. I've owned Carbonia, then ITG, then Revo and the Revo offered best all round performance for me. ITG was monumentally good on the autobahn, but felt a tad breathless around town. Both are very good though so not a great deal in it.

Where is the DV return hose on the MTC?

Here's a pic which shows the dv return on the mtc

Do you think its to do with that?

Now I've seen it in place I'd say no.

All the pipe work looks as you'd expect on the entire system.

Key areas I'd be looking at:

1) is the MAF pipe diameter 67mm
2) is the hose clip on the TIP tight (I reverted to using a new OEM constant tension spring clip as there is a fair amount of thermal expansion on the pipe)
3) I mounted a secondary intake feed (120mm flexi hose from back of front fog to inner wing) to give more cold air
4) I mounted a layer of heat tape between my MAF and the metal MAF pipe incase excess heat was being transferred to the MAF and causing it to misread (it's usually sat in a plastic slot which doesn't heat up as much)

Only observation is the MAF on you unit appears to sit further up the intake (further from the turbo) than some I've seen, not by much, but whether that makes any difference....

Reactions: Marshy
I'm going to recheck tomorrow as I repositioned a few things yesterday and replaced the tiny heat shield with a full size one which may help it slightly. I've done 100 miles today.
Thanks for your input.

Well checked mine today and it's up to +10.5
I've moved the maf over slightly to even it up a bit to see if it makes any difference.
My counter reset today when I coded my cruise control so I'll monitor it after a week or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: warren_S5
Well checked mine today and it's up to +10.5
I've moved the maf over slightly to even it up a bit to see if it makes any difference.
My counter reset today when I coded my cruise control so I'll monitor it after a week it so.

This wont make a difference as the problems lays in the maf section pipe size and scaling of the rubber bit just before it.

I've had a little time on my hands today and found a 70mm outside diameter alloy pipe 6" in length and a white silicone hose
My thoughts were to reduce the pipework a further 6" before the maf.
My maf housing is 70mm outside diameter so should be 67mm inside.
These parts cost about £15 delivered do you think it would help any?
Been doing loads of research on the net.

Now ordered them and some stainless jubilee clips, it maybe a waste of £20 or it may sort my fuel trims.

Last edited:
Vcds on engine then measuring blocks and block 32 that's it.

ok just checked mine, it says.

Lambda (idle) self-adaptation -1.3%
lambda (partial) self-adaptation 1.6%

so this means what? :p lol

Reactions: RedDejavu
perfect better then OEM

thats great news then! its probably because of the spaz way iv fitted it. like. its not flat and at diaganals etc lmao, its also not secure in the middle as the bolt came out!
or just because of the winning S2000 filter :p

Well my parts came today to do my trial

Then I fitted it to the car and reset my fuel trims and I'll recheck them Monday by which time the car will have done 100 miles

Reactions: mjr901 and warren_S5
I will mate I just want to see if it makes a difference before I post them.
If It doesn't work I don't want anybody to waste any money.
I'm hoping it works as the maf housing is 67mm so same as original so hoping that slowing it down a little before the maf helps.

Well I've done 50 miles with the car since fitting and thought if check my fuel trims today.
Here we go

Looking good so far!!!

Reactions: RedDejavu and warren_S5
Last edited:
Reactions: mjr901
I bought the bits from eBay
I originally bought a 6" joiner but ended up cutting it to 4" so there was enough room for it.
Silicone joiner
Select 70mm inside diameter
http://bit.ly/17VZEfP

The joiner I'd use now
70mm 2 3/4" METAL ALLOY HOSE PIPE JOINER CONNECTOR SILICONE - 100mm Length | eBay
Make sure you choose 70mm outside diameter

Clips used
http://m.ebay.co.uk/orderDetails?itemId=261266363719&txnId=1371541125016

Ordered, apart from the jubilees as the link doesnt take me to them, just ebay.

Did you buy 70mm jubilees? or bigger?

Iv had my Mtc intake for about 8 months now, iv never checked the values ..... il go and plug it in now and report back

Lambda (idle) self-adaptation 0.8%
lambda (partial) self-adaptation 7.4%