1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Mirrors stolen

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by tok2850, Jun 22, 2007.

1. tok2850

tok2850 New Member

[Jun 22, 2007]
    well woke this morning to find my genuine mirrors (silver ones) stolen from the car, turned car on and must have also blown some fuses as wires were stripped. Called Audi and they quoted a stomping £1200 to replace!!!

Just looking round for regular black or any colour electric mirrors that I can put on now.

I know I dont post much but was enjoying the car and rarely online but thought this would be the first port of call for advice and to let of a bit of steam!!

Thanks for any advice

K
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. TheSpaceCowboy

TheSpaceCowboy Member

[Jun 22, 2007]
    The only thing I can think of the help trace your mirrors after would be to get your number plate etched into the underside, not particularly nice but I think it has to be done. I had all my dust caps stolen the other day!! Who the heck steals dust caps for crying out loud, not anything special either just the standard black ones grrr!! :mad:
  4. BrianM

BrianM BrianM

[Jun 22, 2007]
    Big craze at the mo for kids to nick dust caps, saw a kid nick mine but he had gone before i got outside my fathers house, then spotted him 30 minutes later and made him take me to his parents house where he produced around 40 sets of various chavvy models inc my basic chrome ones. Parents were not happy!
  5. mastayoda

mastayoda Member

[Jun 22, 2007]
    im really sorry to hear this, did they get into the car to remove them? as i presume you would need to without damaging them, and surely damaged ones would be worthless? Im gutted for you :( The thieveing scum piss me off
  6. s3ollie

s3ollie Member

[Jun 22, 2007]
    i saw a thread where someone had there alu mirrors nicked and he cabled his new ones to the car and wrote a guide how to do it. cant remember where though
  7. StaffsS3

StaffsS3 Flat Out

[Jun 22, 2007]
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune....... Didn't realise how much they are to replace. When I bought mine (also with alloy mirrors) my boss told me that he had heard of several Audi dealerships being done over for mirrors a few years back.

If it makes you feel any better, some pikey's stole the lead off my house last night......... Thank god Audi didn't make door mirrors out of lead or copper!!! :keule:
  8. emzino

emzino Active Member

[Jun 22, 2007]
    Unbelievable that some bast does that! Absolutely gutting! So sorry to hear about that mate, don't think i'll ever know how it feels.

This sort of thing is what's stopping me from getting them on my 8P :(
  9. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

[Jun 22, 2007]
    Sorry to hear what has happened. Bet they are already on ebay. Yes, you can cable lock them to the car - do a search as there are instructions in the forum.
  10. NEiLS3LK51

NEiLS3LK51 Member

[Jun 24, 2007]
    Wouldn't bother with etching/stamping the number plate, someone still tried to knick mine again with it clearly visible on the top.

The cabling did mean he only snapped the passengers side off before realising he couldnt take them away and fu@ked off empty handed. I'd highly recommend it, I've not had any further problems for over a year.
    You can subsequently fix a snapped one if you can get access to a lathe, drill, spring compressor and some patience.
  11. Jampublic

Jampublic Taking it easy..

12. tok2850

tok2850 New Member

[Jun 24, 2007]
    thanks guys, yes its a real pain. I spoke to fontain where I purchased the car from and they said a few get taken every now and then from their forecourt. The thing its also the hassle associated with getting them replaced. Insurance said my premuim will go up and I have £400 excess :-(

I have managed to find a passenger side one from a scrap yard so am trying to find a drivers side, just opting for black normal ones as I cant go through the hassle of going through this again!! amazes me what scum go after...if anyone does know on the offchance of a drivers side electric mirror for sale in any colour please can you let me know.

Thanks again

K