S3 Milltek - Swap Resonated for Non-resonated

Spin140

Reaction score
As the title suggests, had my Milltek fitted a couple of weeks now and a superb mod but I would like a "...little more meat in my sandwich....", I opted for resonated as I was concerned about noise levels but TBH its not much louder than standard so have decided to go for a non resonated pipe, anyone in the opposite position who fancies a swap ?

Just a though before I order a new one.

Did you notice any gains with the miltek? Also did you use stattler?

Thanks

Definite gains which I would estimate are in line with the claimed 20/25 bhp, the car spools up faster and there is a real generous gain at higher revs.

Statller gave excellent service as usual, Steve and Craig took their time and ensured it was a perfect fit, I'm back there in a couple of weeks to have the HPFP fitted, have run out of the modding fund now but seems rude not to :)

Give Jnr a call you know you want to....

id get the hpfp in a instant if i wasnt worried about the clutch!!! what did you pay inc fitting?

just had the full milltek + stage 2 re-map AWESOME. Definate gains from original stage 1 re-map 328bhp! an extra 60Nm of torque too. cost £1100 for full system inc re-map. Work done by Richter Sport (Milton Keynes)soooo glad i went for un-resonated...just wish there were more tunnels around where i live :arco:

I've never been a fan of 4-pot engines, but I have to say the S3 standard exhaust does sound pretty decent. Nowhere near as good as the TTS though, that's got a nice deep rumble.

I have the non-resonated centre piece for an S3 Milltek. I fitted this first before fitting the resonated one. I can sell this to you if you would like to save a few quid on one from Milltek. The only difference between the two is the centre piece.

To be honest spin, reading your first post I thought you were abit of a numpty goin for the res milly. Glad you've changed your mind, how are you enjoying the car. I wanted a Milltek for mine, but they don't make one for the 2.0TDI Sportback, only the 3 door, spoke to milltek about this a few times, but they are taking so long its a joke. Getting a custom turboback for mine tomorrow, then I'll slap the custom code phase 2 on there.