1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Milltek - Swap Resonated for Non-resonated

Spin140 May 15, 2009

1. Spin140

Spin140 Well-Known Member

As the title suggests, had my Milltek fitted a couple of weeks now and a superb mod but I would like a "...little more meat in my sandwich....", I opted for resonated as I was concerned about noise levels but TBH its not much louder than standard so have decided to go for a non resonated pipe, anyone in the opposite position who fancies a swap ?

Just a though before I order a new one.

2. Sohrob

Sohrob Member

Did you notice any gains with the miltek? Also did you use stattler?

Thanks

3. Spin140

Spin140 Well-Known Member

Definite gains which I would estimate are in line with the claimed 20/25 bhp, the car spools up faster and there is a real generous gain at higher revs.

Statller gave excellent service as usual, Steve and Craig took their time and ensured it was a perfect fit, I'm back there in a couple of weeks to have the HPFP fitted, have run out of the modding fund now but seems rude not to :)

Give Jnr a call you know you want to....

4. Sohrob

Sohrob Member

id get the hpfp in a instant if i wasnt worried about the clutch!!! what did you pay inc fitting?

5. badmanatee

badmanatee New Member

just had the full milltek + stage 2 re-map AWESOME. Definate gains from original stage 1 re-map 328bhp! an extra 60Nm of torque too. cost £1100 for full system inc re-map. Work done by Richter Sport (Milton Keynes)soooo glad i went for un-resonated...just wish there were more tunnels around where i live :arco:

6. golf

golf ***** rent boy VCDS Map User

I've never been a fan of 4-pot engines, but I have to say the S3 standard exhaust does sound pretty decent. Nowhere near as good as the TTS though, that's got a nice deep rumble.

7. gjrquattro

gjrquattro New Member

I have the non-resonated centre piece for an S3 Milltek. I fitted this first before fitting the resonated one. I can sell this to you if you would like to save a few quid on one from Milltek. The only difference between the two is the centre piece.

8. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

To be honest spin, reading your first post I thought you were abit of a numpty goin for the res milly. Glad you've changed your mind, how are you enjoying the car. I wanted a Milltek for mine, but they don't make one for the 2.0TDI Sportback, only the 3 door, spoke to milltek about this a few times, but they are taking so long its a joke. Getting a custom turboback for mine tomorrow, then I'll slap the custom code phase 2 on there.