S3 Meet - Northwest.

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score
I know this is in wrong area but all us owners hang around here more often.

Would anyone be intereted in a meet, All S3's and other A3's? Northwest

DM

Sounds a good idea to me, especially as it'll mean a drive over snake pass if it is in the manchester region

Hello guys.

I'd be interested in this if it's in mid August or later as I won't have my S3 til then!

hi
ive not got an s3 but an a3 s line dsg and would be up for meeting up if i wont be out of place? where and when you thinking?

Lets make up a date.... Er August 4th Or 11th Any good?

We could praps go karting in manchester "Daytona" or praps a pub. Its upto all you really. Would be cool to see all the different colours / specs etc..

DM

Would love to come to this, but its a busy time for me. In the process of moving house, and may complete either weekend of the 4th or 11th.

I'll keep an eye out for the date you set, and I may be able to pop across for an hour or two for the meet. Can't commit to doing the carting etc. though, but it would be good to meet up with fellow S3 8P owners.

I have seen ****** loads of S3's in the North West. Not sure how many are on here though. Seen a black one, reg: S3 CUB a few times. Saw a white one in Warrington (A50) last week with what looked like 19" RS4's on - looked superb.

AL

Well if everyone who has an s3 post in here saying im up for it. Then we can eventually organise a near enough entire meet.
We have go to get a photo of S3's say Northwest on as.net

We can praps make this an event or just a general meet. Just need you all to but in and say your mind.

DM

cant you spread the love.... i am in Leeds... what about a meet somewhere inbetween :cool:

manchester would be good but what do you have in mind for things to do karting sounds good.

Unfortunately I won't have my car by either of those two dates. Next time maybe.

Sounds good. So where exactly are we thinking?

my sprint blue doesnt arrive till september, but id love to come along in my heavily modded focus ST, if any problem with that i will come in my Audi A4 S-line 1.8T, the focus may suprise a few people, cheers shane.

i've got a better idea what about an organised drive down to the nurburgring - an A3 convoy, and sleep over etc???

I agree with mitch78.

Lets just keep it simple. Just a meet-up, chat, few drinks (soft drinks obviously) maybe a bite to eat in a pub. There's nothing wrong with something like that, then as the meets become more established and regular, then think about more activities such as karting, drives etc.

Getting a regular venue and turn-out of people is always the hardest thing with meets. IMO. Oh, and the hardest thing of all is not appearing like completely sad chavs!!! :)

AL

No you have an S3 lol. There is no requirement, just wanted the majority of S3's to turn up.

I agree with mitch also.

Daytona Karting in Manchester ( Near Old Trafford ) is a possibility then pub for a few soft drinks would be cool. Or something Similar.

DM

The 25th sounds good to me. What do you guys think?

From experience on my other forum you as the instigator need to suggest Date and Place and then all will drop in line with you. Leave it open and dates just keep passing. Karting night sounds good. Though I tend to have a substantial disadvantage (17.5 stone don't pull in Karts).

8th September So people have alot of notice.

I am in....

Confirm your number and I will sort next week with daytona?

DM

davidmann said:
8th September So people have alot of notice.

I am in....

Confirm your number and I will sort next week with daytona?

DM

Hmmm, I might have JUST taken delivery of my new S3 by the 8th, I live down south so a road trip to Manc and back would be a nice way to fast track the engine break-in a little bit!

Exactly..... Say your'e in and we'll make a running list before next Wednesday...

DM

davidmann said:
Exactly..... Say your'e in and we'll make a running list before next Wednesday...

DM

To be honest, I don't think I'll make it even if I do get my car, I'll probably be moving house that weekend thinking about it! :(

Will try to make the next meet.

i will take it nobody wants to be shown up by the ST, with over 170lb/ft more than the S3 lol.

shane j said:
i will take it nobody wants to be shown up by the ST, with over 170lb/ft more than the S3 lol.

lol... i hope i can be there now

looking forward to my S3 (sprint blue) due in september, this is a company car, the ST is our personal car, even with Giac chip to be fitted to S3, i dont expect once rolling the S3 to be anywhere near as quick as the ford, i love Audis i have a A4 1.8T s-line brilliant red with superchip ecu company car at the mo, it feels very slow on monday mornings after driving the ST, then again so did the S3 on test drive, then again ive spent a small fortune on the ST.