S3 - MAHOOSIVE TURBO - Real or Photoshop?

ShaunS3

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
Regional Rep
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Clocked this on my FB news feed, anyone know it? :)

215603_2602317194631_1669137563_n_zps937f4d32.jpg

Epic if it is real. Love the long manifolds that bring the turbos to the side like the K20 Civics.

Old. Real. Well documented.

It's an R32 turbo conversion. :)

Reactions: s33nyboy12
I'm nearly sure that this is Cort Bennetts old car, from over in America it's now white iirc? He used to post on here think the thread was called 'my Texas s3' or somthing like that. I remember the green paint on the rocker cover said 'b*tchin' or something like that?

I liked Cort, he seemed sound. And he did things very different.

Seem to recall he was driven away by Karl being a massive ***** and ripping him for drink driving on private land and knocking a Mk3 Golf. Like we haven't all done things we regret. But Cort learnt from it and came back stronger than ever, good lad I say.

I can't help but think we have missed out on a lot of useful information without him. He is on E38 sometimes and vortex I think.

Cort is all over youtube, he was a decent enough guy and this is his car, he was pretty clued up on his car and some of the things he did to his car were, lets say unique and not to everyones taste, but personally, I liked his car and what he did to it.

sorry jardo, drink driving at a show and wiping out a load of cars is very understandable, what was I thinking to be angered by that. gosh.

Reactions: Westy
I saw my friend knock and killed on the spot by a drunk driver when i was 18 so you can get a idea of how it makes me feel.

I don't condole any drink driving at all and if i saw someone doing it then i would pull them out of the car by there hair.

As for the car it look like its a well thought out engine build and a good idea of having the turbo over the gear box but the engine puts out around 500 bhp when it looks like it should be in the 1000's

I saw my friend knock and killed on the spot by a drunk driver when i was 18 so you can get a idea of how it makes me feel.

I don't condole any drink driving at all and if i saw someone doing it then i would pull them out of the car by there hair.

As for the car it look like its a well thought out engine build and a good idea of having the turbo over the gear box but the engine puts out around 500 bhp when it looks like it should be in the 1000's

Agreed, I'm shocked at that. I thought at least 650 bhp ! Jbs designs in Chesterfield did a r32 similar build blue ts650 I think they called it and that was 650 bhp but obviously built for optimum performance. ....... Some videos of it online if you search for it

Just look at my engine and you wouldn't know it was 500+ bhp from a quick glance, You see the turbo on that and think 1000 bhp but no its a 500+ bhp engine also the size of that turbo it should be running near to 3 bar of boost to make the most of it and get the target power

sorry jardo, drink driving at a show and wiping out a load of cars is very understandable, what was I thinking to be angered by that. gosh.

But as per usual; who do you think you are to tell him about it. Did you not think he understood that and didn't need your sanctimonious input to put him in his place? Or do you actually think you're that much better than him?

As it is you stated the bleeding obvious and put a very knowledgeable member off the forum and never to be seen again. As such we've all missed out on an epic build thread. It wasn't so much the point which you were making, but more the way that you made it, then hammered it home, then carried on baiting him on something which had cost him dearly.

But ho hum, we've all survived without him and look at us now :beerchug:

I'm sure it wasn't Karl's words that put him off this site. And unless you have any evidence that it was then you might as well drop it!

Cort was in the wrong and broke the law. He knows it, we know it, even you know it. Nothing that anyone says on a forum is going to scare anyone away, let alone anyone listening to anything Karl says lol.

Let's just keep this thread on track for once as so many seem to end in ****** arguments and i for one am tired of it!

Reactions: s3 Hoggy