1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 lowering springs ! Confused .com !

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Keane, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Keane

Keane Active Member

[Nov 29, 2013]
    Hello chaps, I'm sorry as this has probs been covered a million times ! Had a search and can't find the answers :(. I'm after some lowering springs for my facelift s3 Quattro, I'm really confused as some have 2 springs and others all 4? I had eibach's on my a3 tdi and it sat perfect. I still see it as I sold her too a mate, get a little jealous when I see how nice she sits :L! My question is does it sit nice with just the front lowered and 20mm don't sound a lot, look good or need to be lower ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. batch

batch Active Member

[Nov 29, 2013]
    I was just about to put a similar post up!

I can't decide between a pair of Eibachs or a set of four H&Rs!

Anyone have a definitive answer? Search isn't helpful as both options have a solid fan base!
  4. S3_Jacko

S3_Jacko Well-Known Member

[Nov 30, 2013]
    Set of 4 h&r 25mm lowering springs seem to be the most popular on the s3 setup
  5. Ads

Ads License to drive

[Nov 30, 2013]
    Eibach = two front springs to lower the front of S3s.
    H&R = four springs to lower entire car.

Eibach gets rid of reverse rake (reduces the larger front arch gap on stock height suspension).
    H&R drops the whole car lower but you still end up with less arch gap at the rear than the front. Also with H&R springs on an S3 you'll probably suffer from quite a bit bounce when driving on anything other than smoothe roads, unless you get uprated shocks as well.
  6. LVS Racing

LVS Racing Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Nov 30, 2013]
    Hi there,

I have a set of the Eibachs in stock ready for next day delivery, I`m sure i could quote you happy. :yes:
  7. Dean_T

Dean_T Active Member

[Nov 30, 2013]
    I went H&Rs for mine, minaly because I wasnt sure if the two spring kit would give me a 'dragster' look and didnt want that!

I'm happy with my purchase, in future I may match them with some better shocks but for the time being they are working ok with standard shocks for me.

I figured if I bought the eibach kit I would just have to shell out for another kit at some point that had four springs.
  8. batch

batch Active Member

[Nov 30, 2013]
    JuSt had a long hard look out of the window at mine. Back sits ok, but the front definitely needs a tuck... Recently drove a TT and was really impressed by the turn-in and lack of body roll. Not in a position to change the ARBs so springs only! Leaning towards the Eibach kit atm....
  9. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

[Dec 2, 2013]
    Personal choice really, if you're happy with the back and just want the front dropped a little then go for the Eibach, if you think the front and rear needs lowering then go for something like the H&R or Weitec.

Damian @ DPM Performance