1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s3 lowering question

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by s3clarke, Jun 21, 2012.

1. s3clarke

s3clarke Money grabbing s3!

[Jun 21, 2012]
    hi all,

Due to a company van, my s3 is going to be having abit of cash spent on it now i dont have to fuel it like 30+mile aday.

just wondering when i drop it on coilovers, (it will be low) what anti roll bar do i need, or drop links etc.

Cheers.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. JtotheD

JtotheD Events Moderator

[Jun 21, 2012]
    what you should invest in is a decent set of adjustable rear tie arms to adjust the negative camber that happens when you drop an s3! i got mine through a guy on here called s3dave who makes them. had no issues with mine. see my build thread to view them.
  4. Lemon S3

Lemon S3 Alex

[Jun 21, 2012]
    The only thing you'll need depending on how low you go are (as JtotheD said) rear adjustable tie bars as there will be excessive negative camber. Unfortunately I don't think Dave makes them anymore though. You might need adjustable drop links if your standard ones hit your lower wishbone, Ive lowered mine probably 45+mm and mine dont knock so you'll probably be fine.
  5. s3clarke

s3clarke Money grabbing s3!

[Jun 22, 2012]
    thanks for your help lads.
  6. AJD S3

AJD S3 2nd Gear

[Jun 22, 2012]
    As above, all you'll need to run safely will be adjustable tie bars! Go for the Forge ones, excellent quality and great value for money!

Make sure you chuck those rear coilover adjusters in the bin as well if you're really wanting to sit low!