S3 low oil usage?

RYes3

Reaction score
Had my S3 for 3 months now from new, just over 3000 joyous miles on her now. Still not had to feed her any oil, is this right? ****** impressive if so!

Don't knock it! Lol. I think I put a litre in mine over a period of 9000 miles and 10 months driving mostly city type driving.

some do some dont

Sounds good :) I was expecting it to be using a lot as the tail pipes soon blacken up after a wash, guess this is something else?

I did 9k 1 litre - major ragging too ... this is from new....

As above,some do and some don't.

Mine doesn't but some drink litres.

Even with twice the stock power it uses very little but I don't know why some do and some don't.

None in the year I've had mine.
Black tail pipes on a petrol car is mostly caused by rich mixture. Happy with your MPG?

My mpg appears to have dropped recently actually, around 280 miles to a tank seemed to be the norm for the first 10 tanks... now its around 250! Hmm, maybe I'm just driving it harder now?

Can it be checked at a dealer?

My mpg appears to have dropped recently actually, around 280 miles to a tank seemed to be the norm for the first 10 tanks... now its around 250! Hmm, maybe I'm just driving it harder now?

Can it be checked at a dealer?

Obviously how you drive will make a big difference but a remap can actually improve mpg if you drive at peak torque rather than peak power.

I was just about able to get 30mpg when I bought mine but for the same route and driving,Stg1 remap took that above 33mpg.

Even now I can get as much as 35mpg on the morning drive although the recent track day got below 20mpg easily.
All of my mapping has been done with Revos software but there are others such as Shark getting a good name also.

Silly question but how do you know if you need the oil topping up? Is it with regular checking of the oil dipstick?

My 2.0 TDI uses about a litre between services which is every 9-10k miles. It's done 132k miles and get about 600 miles a tank when driving like miss daisy. I've got a DTUK box on mine which helps fuel consumption.