1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 loosing a small amount of coolant

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by julians, Dec 6, 2008.

1. julians

julians Member

[Dec 6, 2008]
    I've noticed since I bought my S3 brand new about a year ago, that the coolant level has dropped very slowly, its now on the minimum mark.

Given that its so slow I dont think its a significant fault, but probably more just a slightly weeping joint somewhere.

Are there any common places in the s3 that leak, so I can have a go at tightening the hose clips myself as I cant be bothered to go to the dealer and have all the associated hassle that goes with it.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 29, 2014]

3. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

[Dec 6, 2008]
    Mine appears to also lose a very small amount, have topped it up once in nearly 2 years. Wouldn't worry,I'm not.

Mark
  4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 6, 2008]
    So in 1 year its dropped from mid line to minimum, tbh its not bad at all & not something I'd worry about tbh, I mean its gonna drop some & if that was in a month then I'd worry but its an s3 the system is under fair pressures so its bound to drop some, some must evaporate somewhere.
  5. julians

julians Member

[Dec 7, 2008]
    if thats the norm for an s3 , i'll just ignore it/top it up.

never lost any coolant in my previous cars (non s3) though, except when there was a fault.
  6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 7, 2008]
    yeah mate just keep an eye in the engine bay for any coolant stains that would indicate a leak, check at bottom on drive areas & arb's etc, also if its under warranty with the stealers then get them to check the system as its covered anyway but I think its ok tbh