1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 longitudal acceleration sensor

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by chrisj4378, Sep 12, 2013.

1. chrisj4378

chrisj4378 New Member

Hi, I've had the fault code 01279 which is the longitudal acceleration sensor I believe. I'm going to change the sensor, but i'm wondering what effect if any does this fault have on performance

Secondly will a badger 5 tip make much of a difference on a standard car? I've previously owned 2 mk4 golf turbo's which R-Tech remapped and i'm a bit disappointed with the s3 in standard form.

I intend to remap my car, but wondered if the badger 5 tip if worth buying before a remap or not?
  2. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Hi Chris, First of all, :sign_welcome: to ASN!

This question has been asked a million times already, but as you're a newbie, I will let you off! lol

Badger5 3"/80mm TIP is the dogs danglies in terms of performance induction kits today, and it's highly recommended you stick a large Jetex or Honda S2000 filter on the end and a heatshield to keep everything in place! Second best performance mod after a remap in my opinion!!
  3. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

I had my B5 V1 full induction kit (Larger TIP, Jetex filter and heeat shield) on for a good few months before I had a remap at Badger 5 (so car was standard) and yes I definitely felt and heard a difference from how it was before.

A no brainer mod on the S3 and get it on the motor before you get her remapped....and any other mods you are planning to fit..e.g exhaust, FMIC etc. The B5 kit will be good enough just for a stage 1 remap though.

:sign_welcome: btw - and have a good read through here mate for any other mods you may be interested in doing -

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...info-stickies-please-read-before-posting.html