S3 long life service plan yes or no???

Muggles190

Reaction score
This has probably been asked befor but I can't find a thread with any decent opinion . I recently brought my 2012 s3 and it is on an Audi long life device plan. I have seen some horror stories regarding oil pick up pipes blocking. I am also used to the usual yearly or 10,000 service on my previous cars. Should I look to change the service plan for peace of mind?does anyone have any useful information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

504.00 LongLife oil , yes .

2 years /19K intervals , no .

Reactions: Muggles190
10k/1y is probably the maximum interval you want to go on a S3 and if tuned, consider changing oil every 5-6k. After my recent experiences my oil will be changed every 5k without fail.

Reactions: Muggles190 and Gazwould
Thanks for the replies,pretty much what I thought ,I'll ring up and get it changed to an annual service plan. Do find 2 years without a service/oil change strange as it can't be doing much for the engine and filters !!

Ours (8V) is on variable and seems to kick in every 9k miles or annually. Seems more sensible!

TX.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gazwould and Muggles190
10k/1y is probably the maximum interval you want to go on a S3 and if tuned, consider changing oil every 5-6k. After my recent experiences my oil will be changed every 5k without fail.

What happened to yours?

Essential to do this but when you have it serviced every year make sure you specify the longlife oil. I have always done this on my MK 4 golf GTI 1.8T at stage 1 tune that I have had 18 years. At 109,000 miles now, burns no oil, no smoke and no rattles. If I look in the oil filler area of the engine rocker cover and it is totally clean, no congealed black gunk!

Reactions: RPB and Muggles190
A definite Yes, to annual oil changes. You already know the answer, don't you:sm4:

A definite Yes, to annual oil changes. You already know the answer, don't you:sm4:

Thanks mate,bad news but at least it's sorted and it was a good read. Definatly makes what I thought seem right. Did you ever get a answer to what starved it of oil?

*** was ment to quote leshkins last post

Last edited:
I have had a few 1.8t in the past and I always do the pickup up pipe and I have just done mine never been changed before and on 51k now and had been serviced every 10k at audi and it was clear so it does pay to not do long life service I think

I have had a few 1.8t in the past and I always do the pickup up pipe and I have just done mine never been changed before and on 51k now and had been serviced every 10k at audi and it was clear so it does pay to not do long life service I think

My last car was a 1.8t and I serviced that every year/10,000 without fail and I didn't have one problem with it. It was a thread on another forum from badger5 that really got me thinking as he is strongly against the " long service plan " . Mines only on 40k now so hopefully no damage had been done

Thanks mate,bad news but at least it's sorted and it was a good read. Definatly makes what I thought seem right. Did you ever get a answer to what starved it of oil?

*** was ment to quote leshkins last post

Yes, it's quite simple, the longer time between oil services results in dirty lumps of oil clogging the oil strainer. Longlife is not the problem as it's very good oil, it's the time between oil changes that's wrong.