S3, launch control?

FreddieS3

Reaction score
Just heard from a friend that the S3 perhaps have launch control, press down the clutch in first gear and give full throttle. Can someone confirm this? To lazy to go and try myself + the fact its -15 degrees outside.

By the way, tomorrow its finally time for my remap. Waited 3 weeks for this. Very exicted how the car will handle after this. Will keep u updated.

FreddieS3 said:
Just heard from a friend that the S3 perhaps have launch control, press down the clutch in first gear and give full throttle. Can someone confirm this? To lazy to go and try myself + the fact its -15 degrees outside.

By the way, tomorrow its finally time for my remap. Waited 3 weeks for this. Very exicted how the car will handle after this. Will keep u updated.

As far as I was aware, all manual gearbox cars have this "feature". It's called clutch dumping.... lol

Clutch out, full throttle, sidestep clutch pedal, and you're off....Vrroooommm!

Let us know how things work out. I'm also planning a remap but only after the first oil change at 5.000 miles.

Regarding the launch control i don't know what to say because i'm still running it in.

Best of luck with the remap and keep us posted :icon_thumright:

OutLore said:
As far as I was aware, all manual gearbox cars have this "feature". It's called clutch dumping.... lol

Clutch out, full throttle, sidestep clutch pedal, and you're off....Vrroooommm!

Lol, I am aware of that feature, not exactly what I meant though. But I have tried it myself and no launch control. My friend have a Mitsu EVO VII witk manual gear box and when he press full throttle and clutch in first gear the car revs up to its optimal level for fast take off, think its about 4000 rpm.

By the way, left the car to BSR today, http://www.bsrab.se/?langny=uk , since my car is their guinea pig it would take a couple of days until I can give u some info.

DSG cars do.

ESP off, manual shift, pull into first and hold, throttle on (revs will hold at 4000ish), release gearshifter, wait what feels like 5 seconds and off you go...

It's completely underwhelming...