S3 KW V2s value

ben_turbo1

Reaction score
Website
www.rsctuning.com
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of taking my KW V2s off my S3 and replacing with shocks and springs, I know they are very expensive new but what sort of money are they worth second hand?

Thanks

Tough call bud! Depends on the condition and the age, they are an expensive bit of kit, any particular reason why you want to go back to shocks and springs?

Erm well the roads around me are really bad and now im getting older I dont drive fast these days anyway so have no need for coilovers and would be more comfortable with shocks and springs. I may just raise the coilovers as when I brought the car they were set very low and I've had a couple of scrapes whilts going over bumps.

well i sold a set of kw v3's for £550 + £25 postage , so would say v2's are worth about £450 ish, all depends if anyone wants a set

Ok well maybe I'll raise them a bit then make the decision as whether I keep them or not. Can I ask why the H&R Springs and Bilstein dampers cost SOOOO much in comparison to say the KW shocks and springs? They must be amazing for £750 +

KW V2 on the S3 is basically a KW coilover body with adjustable Koni dampers on the front and koni dampers on the rear.

H&R Twintubes are a very similar setup using Koni dampers and their own body and spring.

Bilstein B8s are an upside down monotube damper. They will provide much better damping ability in comparison to twintube coilovers and to be fair they are much better damper then the Koni units used by KW.

H&R monotube coilovers made for the S3 actually use Bilstein B8 rear dampers.

Last edited: