1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. nky_84

nky_84 6th Gear

did a wee seach but didnt throw anthing up. How many keys should an s3 have, ive heard of 1 spare and a red one, so 3 keys in total. What is the red one for and is it essential like on a fiat for instance?

cheers

Nick

2. S3 NIK

S3 NIK Member

I have three keys. Two normal ones with open, lock and boot open and one small black plastic one. Not sure what its for though.
    Nik.

3. nky_84

nky_84 6th Gear

hmmm, the cam looking at only has 1 key. pretty fecked if that gets lost!

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Yup, should be these 3 keys, the plastic one is suppose to be a wallet key or service/valet key? Probably starts the car, but doesn't open bootlid and glovebox??

5. ash_s3

ash_s3 Active Member

Ive only got one, just dont lose it!!

Easy enough to get another though

6. claudefrog

claudefrog Member

i have 2 remote locking keys, and the plastic key

7. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I think I had 4 when I bought mine. 2 Flip keys, 1 plastric wallet key and another key that couldn't open the boot and glove box (for servicing).

8. nky_84

nky_84 6th Gear

anyone know how much to get a replacement if its lost? Is it cheaper to get your key duplicated whilst u still have the original?

9. JustSports

JustSports Member

Think you'll be looking at around £140 also ive read on here somewhere that the ones on ebay cannot always be coded,so beware!

10. JustSports

JustSports Member

11. Jasdent

Jasdent Mahonee

how much does a spare remote key cost from audi ?

Anyone know ?

12. S3 NIK

S3 NIK Member

Your right. I work with a guy who owns a TT and it only came with one key so he bought one off Ebay only to find it couldn't be coded.
    So yes beware of cheaper alternatives which may be a waste of time and money.
    Nik.

13. S3 NIK

S3 NIK Member

Just checked my key stash and it turns out i have four keys.
    2 flip out type, 1 normal type key and the plastic key.
    More keys than a jailer :eyebrows:

Nik