1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Key problem

s4mark Nov 10, 2009

1. s4mark

s4mark Member

Hi there.
    My new S3 has only been supplied with one Key. I wasn't happy about this however I got it for such a good price (as it needs some work on the paintwork) that I couldnt really say no.

Obviously I do not have the workshop keys with the long barcode/number to obtain a replacement.

Does anybody know if Audi can supply me a spare key if I prove ownership of the vehicle etc. I wanted to enquire here first as I know Audi will try and fob me off and say no but i'm sure they must have a record of my key number on their system somewhere.

Or do you think I will have to fit a complete new lock set to the car?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. ben_turbo1

ben_turbo1 Member

You can get a new one from audi "BUT" they are pretty expensive circa £150-£200 i think.

3. cabby86

cabby86 Member

They should be able too, had the same problem with a MK4 golf, I got VW to order another key, I did have to provide my V5 and both parts of my driving license, just for them to check it was me and my car.

I did look and buying one on ebay and then getting it cut and then coded, but for me it was just too much hassle.

Cheers

Chris

4. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

5. s4mark

s4mark Member

thanks for all your help. will get a new key sorted then its into the workshop over the christmas period for a full respray and wheel refurbs. Can't wait to get cracking on it

6. shark_90

shark_90 Member

If you do buy a key from ebay you'll need it coding to your immobiliser otherwise it will not start the car. A dealer or good auto locksmith should be able to do it for you.