S3 IPOD connection?

Johnnyb

Reaction score
hi,

Does anyone know how the IPOD connection works, like an idiot i actually forgot i ordered it as an extra, until the othe day when i noticed the socket for it in the glove box.

I have tried plugging my IPOD in, and the audi rings come up on the display, but then i dont know what to do as nothing appears on my symphony screen

any ideas?

would the answers to your quest not lie within the audi owners bible?

(located in your glovebox?)

Put the head unit into CD mode. Then use the 1 to 6 buttons on the head unit to select the first 6 play lists on your ipod. The track advance and fast foreward buttons work just the same. Basically the head unit thinks it's connected to a CD changer. You'll only get the track numbers on the display though.

It has an annoying feature. If your listening to playlist 2, stop for say some petrol, get back into the car and the headunit tells you your listening to playlist 6. Arrrggghhh!!

Regards, John.

Thanks for the replies,

Will give it a go, will probably revert back to using CD's though as i have find IPOD connections in the past to be quite difficult

Mine works liek this:

Plug in Ipod
Press CD - Gives CD functions
Press CD again - Gives ipod functions.

You will have use of buttons 1-6, where i think 1-5 plays one of 5 playlists, and 6 plays all tracks.

A lot of folks dont like the audi Ipod connection, but I find if you organise music into diffferent types, one for each playlist then you wont have too much problem.

Shao_khan said:
Mine works liek this:

Plug in Ipod
Press CD - Gives CD functions
Press CD again - Gives ipod functions.

You will have use of buttons 1-6, where i think 1-5 plays one of 5 playlists, and 6 plays all tracks.

A lot of folks dont like the audi Ipod connection, but I find if you organise music into diffferent types, one for each playlist then you wont have too much problem.

Thats exactly what i do.I love the audi ipod connector.I had dennison ice link plus before the audi one and it was rubbish.always froze!