S3 + iPhone 3G

tobycruse

Reaction score
I have ordered my S3 with bluetooth prep and the iPod connection (to be installed upon delivery so as not to have the dock)

I was wondering, will i be able to plug my iphone into the ipod connection, play music and connect via bluetooth to take calls at the same time?

Has anyone else done this? I have a friend with a BMW 5 series and he says when he plugs his iphone into the car to play music it stops the phone function.

Also, am i right in thinking you can get a cradle for the iphone? Will it fit in the arm rest preperation?

If you plug iphone via cable you will be able to listen mp3 from it.

If you will use bluetooth you could talk, and all your contacts will be in computer.

You can get a cradle, but with bluetooth it's not worth it. Also I dont know if Audi have the latest connections in their armrest or cradle (for charging). From the 3G iphone they dont have the old firewire pins to charge the units with, the units need to be compatible with the 3G phone (and the newer ipods) to allow charging.

Ok, so i can plug the iphone 3G in, and it will play music.

Will it charge at the same time?

I only ask as i have tried plugging my iphone 3G into my Alpine ipod adapter and it will play music but it will not charge.